Lesson Learned

"Hah...... Now how do I teach her the value of believing in herself?...... " Her mother said to herself as she tried to relax and lay back at the sofa.

Just then, she heard the footsteps of her daughter coming down the stairs with a towel in her hand as she was trying to dry her wet hair.

"Dear, come. Sit here beside me. I need to talk to you about something. " Her mother said to her and sat up straight.

"Alright....... Mother. " She said as sat on the sofa right beside her mother and glanced at her.

"So? " She asked her mother with a doubtful tone thinking about what is going to happen now.

"So....... Here. Take this glass of water. Drink it and calm down. Then we will talk. " Her mother said.

"Al.... Right? " She said as she took it from her mother's hand and drank it half.

"Now, place the glass over here on the table. " Her mother said as she put it on the table right where her mother had asked her to.

"Great. Now, tell me your opinion on this glass of water that you just drank. " Her mother said looking at her.

"Hm.... It's still half full and I should've finished it? " She answered.

"Very well. That's good. So, you do know that you have to finish it huh. " Her mother said in a tone.

"Mum! Don't be like that. I'll finish it later. " She said while pouting.

"Ok ok. Now listen to what I have to say, ok? So, is there anything interesting about it? " Her mother asked.

" No, of course not. What could be there about a plain glass of water? " She answered.

"Exactly. There is nothing interesting about a glass of water, yet, you still have positive thoughts about it. Then, your story is way more interesting than this glass of water, and yet, you still have negative thoughts about it? How is that fair? " She said trying to explain to her daughter.

"You're..... Right mother...... Thank you! I'll be in my room mum.

" Ok sweetie. " Her mother said.

Episode 3 of 'The Struggles Of Being A Writer' ends here.

Stay tuned for the next episode!

Moral:- Just because some people don't like your story or make fun of it, doesn't mean that you should stop focusing on your dreams. You will always see many people trying to block your way or situations that will make you overthink your decision, but remember, how far you've finally reached and there should not be any going back. Haters will come and go, but if they stay, they are your supporters. Be blessed if you have them. Not everyone does. No one should be able to ever stop you from achieving your dreams, even if it's someone you love.