30: A WEIGHT OF CONCERN

Your POV:

The next days were pretty much the same, we would go to the hospital every day to be with big bro and in the end of the day we would go home. Emma came by every day to see big bro, she would also cook for all of us, so that we could all eat together, sometimes I would help her too.

As the afternoon sunlight bathed the hospital room in a soft golden glow, laughter and chatter filled the air, echoing off the sterile walls. Big bro, sitting up in his bed with a grin plastered on his face, entertained everyone with his usual lively anecdotes, each tale more exaggerated than the last. Beside me, Mikey leaned casually against the wall, his eyes occasionally flickering in my direction with a hint of concern.

Despite the jovial atmosphere, my mind was elsewhere, tangled in a web of worries and uncertainties. Big bro and Mikey exchanged a knowing glance, silently acknowledging my distraction, but they opted to give me space for the time being.

Emma perched on the edge of big bros' bed, listening intently to his stories with a radiant smile, while Baji reclined in a nearby chair, looking relaxed as he engaged in the conversation. Mitsuya stood near the window, his gaze fixed on the bustling cityscape outside, lost in his own thoughts.

Amidst the lighthearted banter, there lingered an underlying tension—a shared awareness of the challenges we faced. But for now, we chose to focus on the present moment, finding solace in each other's company.

"We should plan something fun for when Draken gets out of here." Emma suggested, breaking the momentary lull in conversation. "Maybe a barbecue or a trip to the beach?"

"Sounds like a plan," Baji chimed in with a grin. "Count me in for some beach volleyball."

Mikey shot Baji a teasing smirk. "Beach volleyball, huh? You sure you can handle the competition?" Baji chuckled in response, rolling his eyes. "Please, Mikey. I'll have you eating sand in no time."

I couldn't help but smile at their banter, grateful for the brief respite from my worries. Draken, sensing my subdued demeanor, reached out to squeeze my hand gently.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern. I nodded, mustering a small smile. "Yeah, just lost in thought, I guess." Big bro offered me a reassuring smile in return. "Well, if you ever need to talk about anything, you know I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Big bro," I replied, feeling a rush of gratitude for his support.

Amidst the conversation, Mitsuya, who had been relatively quiet, spoke up, his tone thoughtful. "We've been through a lot together, haven't we? But no matter what challenges we face, we always come out stronger in the end." He knew me too well.

Draken's grin widened as he nodded in agreement. "Exactly, Mitsuya. And with friends like all of you, I know we can overcome anything."

As the laughter and chatter continued to fill the hospital room, I excused myself quietly, citing the need for some fresh air. No one questioned my sudden departure, their attention consumed by their own conversation. Except for Mikey and Draken, they were a bit concerned when I looked at them. With a fleeting glance back at my friends, I slipped out of the room, the door closing softly behind me.

The corridor was eerily quiet compared to the bustling atmosphere of the room I had just left behind. The muted sounds of the hospital echoed around me as I walked, my footsteps echoing off the sterile walls. The cool air felt refreshing against my skin, soothing the lingering tension that had settled in my chest.
The corridor was eerily quiet compared to the bustling atmosphere of the room you had just left behind. The muted sounds of the hospital echoed around you as you walked, your footsteps echoing off the sterile walls. The cool air felt refreshing against your skin, soothing the lingering tension that had settled in your chest.