17

Voight departed after a few hours of visiting. Soifon and Erin were now lying in bed, cuddling. 'At least you are still able to go to work while I have to stay at home and be bored for a week or two,' Soifon said, smiling, as Erin complained about not being able to do field work for a few months.

'I suppose you're right, but being at home is better than doing paperwork,' Erin replied, and they both ended up laughing. 'Well, I can take care of things and clean up while you go to work tomorrow,' Soifon offered, as Erin rested her head on Soifon's chest, and they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

The next day arrived quickly, and the alarm went off to signal Erin that it was time to get up for work. Letting out a groan, the brunette reluctantly got out of Soifon's comforting embrace, causing Soifon to slowly wake up. 'Morning already?' the raven-haired woman asked, rubbing her eyes.

'It is,' Erin replied with a yawn. She leaned in to give Soifon a kiss on the lips before getting up. 'You should stay in bed a bit longer and rest. I'll check in on you during my break,' Erin suggested.

Soifon expressed her agreement with a small nod and shifted onto her side. 'Okay, please exercise caution and refrain from having excessive enjoyment in my absence,' she advised with a smile in response to Erin's groan. 'Oh, don't taunt me, dear.' Erin chuckled in response. 

'Regardless, I love you, and I implore you to avoid any trouble during my absence,' Erin cautioned, playfully provoking Soifon's playful glare as she turned her head. 'I am always well-behaved,' Soifon assured as she sat up, already awake. 

'Since when?' Erin inquired, prompting Soifon to respond with a smirk, 'Ever since I was born,' resulting in laughter from both women. 

Soifon observed as Erin got dressed. 'While you go to work, I may stop by Julie's grave and pay my respects for a while,' Soifon informed her, indicating her intended location in case she was not back by the time Erin returned home. 

'Alright, please exercise caution, especially now that we are aware that Ace and Jack are still at large,' Erin cautioned as she fastened her jeans and donned a red and white flannel shirt with a square pattern.

Soifon acknowledged with a nod as she gracefully emerged from the bed. 'Do not worry, I will,' she affirmed, rising from the bed and proceeded towards the closet to select an outfit for herself.

Erin secured the buttons on her shirt, then proceeded to don her preferred black boots. After efficiently zipping and tying them, she assisted Soifon in getting dressed, taking into account the latter's limited mobility caused by the gunshot wound.

Soifon gently held onto Erin's shoulders as the brunette assisted her in putting on her black jeans. 'You are aware that I am capable of dressing myself,' Soifon remarked with a smile on her face.

She fastened her jeans and opted for a pale blue T-shirt adorned with a dog, as she was not obligated to adhere to any work dress code. 'William specified that you should avoid excessive bending,' Erin mentioned.

Soifon nodded with a sigh, retrieving a pair of tennis shoes and slipping them on. With Erin's assistance, she tied them securely. 'Would it be agreeable if I dropped you off at your workplace?' Soifon inquired of Erin.

Erin considered the idea and gave her consent, "Certainly, we can make a detour to have a donut or something along the way," she proposed. She selected a coat that would provide comfort around her stomach, realizing that she wouldn't be able to wear her beloved red leather jacket for some time. Nonetheless, she didn't complain as the current one she had served its purpose. 

Soifon acknowledged the suggestion with a smile while retrieving her denim jacket and draping it over her shoulders. "That sounds good," she responded as they gathered their belongings and exited the apartment. Soifon ensured the door was securely locked before leaving.