Chapter 13

Archie

Jason: Where the hell are you?!

Jason: I told you not to leave the premises! When do you ever listen to me?!?!🤬😡

Wow, he actually used emojis in his last message. He must've been really mad.

I was standing in line at Woolworths store, with Mia. After four days of sitting all cooked up in that packhouse, I desperately needed to get the hell out of there.

Of course when I left, Jason was already off to deal with some pack business. The gamma was assigned to keep an eye on me and make sure I didn't go out the house, but I decided to use and abuse my Luna power and now he let me out of the house. Only he was the one following me around like a tail.

Mia was the only one buying stuff since she was super obsessed with shopping. She and the other beta, Josh, have been more involved so I was starting to see more of her face around at the packhouse.

"Okay...this will be all!" Mia said, returning with more clothes and a tray of milk tart in her hand and then putting all the items into the cart. She looked over at Reuben, before glaring her throat and using one hand to cover her mouth so she would whisper at me. "Can't this guy get a hint? He's been following us all day!"

I sighed. "You do know he can hear you right?"

We both looked at Reuben, who's been standing at the door of the store like a robot, watching us. It was so creepy.

The line began moving forward and Mia took the cart from me, pushing it. "Uhm, hopefully that witch has taught you a thing or two about magic? Because we could really do with an invisibility spell or teleportation!"

"Mia!" I nudged her arm, so she could keep quiet. She seemed to forgot that we were in a public store and he could still hear us. "And no, actually I can't do any magic yet, at least not control it. That's also not how magic works, not every witch can cast the same spells."

"Yea yea, I get it. Every witch has their own unique magic...blah blah blah..." Mia rolled her eyes mimicking how she thought Micayla would've sounded.

As awkward as this situation was, I couldn't help but laugh and giggle. It was moments like these where I enjoyed being around Mia. I had no idea what I would've done without a great friend like her.

And so yes, I have been practicing with the witch Micayla, ever since I told Jason that I was ready to accept my power if it meant protecting this town from the evil witch kind.  She also asked me to call her sorceress.

Training with her though wasn't easy exactly, I've been having hard time understanding certain things she explained to me and putting whatever she usually teaches me into practice. Apparently it was a lot easier for children to practice witch craft.

Micayla had requested that I go to her place which was more suitable for a witch in training, but as you could guess, Jason wasn't exactly very cooperative about the idea. Sometimes I kept asking the moongoddess why I had to be the one dealing with such a difficult alpha!

"Next customer please!" The lady behind the till said. That was our queue.

Mia pushed the cart over to the till and then I helped her unpack the stuff so the lady could scan the items.

"You know, I'm still amazed by the fact that my best friend is a witch and hasn't known about this all of his life!" Mia said and looked at me. "Maybe now you can consider getting to know who your parents used to be?"

I glanced over at Reuben after deciding against getting him off our tail, only because I knew he was already in trouble with Jason and didn't want to get him in more trouble. I also just felt a sense of security, knowing that Jason cared so much about my safety that he would disturb the peace of his own pack warriors.