The drive home was silent, yet comforting. Luna slept soundly in the passenger seat while Shion pondered.

He thought over how different things would be if she were-No, dwelling on such thoughts only burdens him with guilt. He loves Lillian, and Luna is simply a friend, temporarily residing here. Perhaps in a few weeks, they'll bid their farewells, and he'll someday invite Lillian to the Observatory.

These thoughts plagued Shion's mind as Luna slept beside him, her mask discarded. He stole glances, examining her, trying to discern differences in their physical appearance and personalities.

Luna is outgoing, unlike Lillian, whom he barely sees once a month.

Luna laughs freely, while Lillian rarely does; Shion struggles to even elicit a smile from her, except when they're at the museum, admiring her latest artwork.

Luna listens attentively, a stark contrast to Lillian, who barely hears him out.

Shion ceased his comparisons; it was unjust to measure two individuals, especially someone he loves, against someone he just met. It wasn't right.

As they neared their homes, a figure can be seen, waiting on Shion's front porch.

"Luna?" He gently tapped her, attempting to wake her. "We're here," he whispered.

"Hmm?" Luna stirred. "Just five more minutes."

'Adorable,' Shion thought, but he halted further musings.

"Porter will be upset, Luna."

"Okay."

"Amelie will be upset."

Luna opened her eyes and slowly sat up. "Okay, I'll go," she said, still half-awake.

As she sat up, she turned to Shion, sleep still evident in her eyes, and caressed his cheek. "Thank you, Shion," she murmured, then opened the car door and shuffled toward the front door.

There, she was met by a concerned Porter, who scolded her like a father but bid Shion goodbye.

Shion sighed, scratching his reddening nape. "This isn't right," he muttered, then parked his car in front of his garage.

Exiting the vehicle, he spotted the figure in the dim light, recognizing them.

"What are you doing here, An?" he asked, trying to steady his heart from their previous encounter.

"Shion... I came because I missed you," his Lillian said, slowly approaching him.

"I'm not in the mood, An," he replied, turning away and heading to his front door.

"Grow up, Shion. Just because I said no, doesn't mean we're finished," she retorted, her raised voice drawing the neighbors' attention.

"Lower your voice, An! Come inside," he urged, pulling her into the house.

"What do you want to talk about-"

As Shion turned around, he was met by Lillian's lips. "What's there to talk about?" she whispered in his ear.

"I told you, I'm not in the mood," he said, gently pushing her away.

The action shocked her; Shion pushing her away? The boy who had pursued her for years?

"I know you were with someone," she said, halting Shion from walking away. "Did you do it?"

"What-No! I would never cheat on you!" Shion faced her, his tone defensive. "She's just a friend."