Chapter 8: Titles and Battles

The noble that owned Chabboneau Castle played the Pokeflute. Its sweet melody rang throughout the area. Leah withdrew Primadonna, deciding that the Furfrou had enough excitement for one day. It didn’t take long for the Snorlax to awaken from its slumber and attack them, Leah had anticipated that outcome so Mrs. Cuddletails was ready to pick a fight with the much larger Pokémon. Vespidae sent out her Joltik and Spectre sent out his Nincada to help Leah in the battle. Leah's friends followed suit with Zayn sending out his new Honedge and Mildred sending out her Flabébé.

Leah teamed up with Vespidae, having Joltik latch on to Mrs. Cuddletails like a tick while the latter used Flame Charge. This allowed Joltik to cover more ground far more quickly and land a devastating enough Charge Beam. Leah called out an Ember, but it turned out to be different, more powerful somehow, instead of a blanket of orange sparks, Mrs. Cuddletails unleashed a scarlet stream of fire towards Snorlax. Honedge, Nincada and Periwinkle all respectively used Brick Break, Fury Swipes and Fairy Wind to back up Mrs. Cuddletails and Joltik. This resulted in the Snorlax retreating in the mountains and allowing them to get to the rest of Route 7 which is also known as Rivière Walk.

A large castle stood before them in the water. They were already delayed in the journey. What's a visit to a secluded castle going to do? That castle was not just any castle, it was the Battle Chateau. Pokémon trainers alike gather in this place to battle and earn nobility titles based on how many battles they win. Leah had been to the Battle Chateau when she had been younger, but it had been short-lived as the reason for the visits were meant to upstage Korrina in friendly rivalries. The owner of the Chateau snapped her out of her musings, “Ah Countess Leah, it has been so long.”

“Yeah, living in Shalour City and moving to Lumiose City kinda does that.”

“I’m glad to hear you’ve been keeping well.”

It was Viola that abruptly interrupted the conversation when she noticed Leah, “Leah! Didn't think I'd see you here! What's your nobility title?”

“Hi Viola.” Leah then chuckled softly, “I'm a countess.”

“We'll be battling each other here soon enough.”

Leah nodded and then turned to Vespidae and Spectre, “Do you two have a title here?”

Spectre shook his head, Vespidae gave Leah a short “no” for an answer. Leah smiled, “This place is fun, you battle trainers and gain points if you win those battles, the more points you have the higher your rank in nobility will be.”

“That sounds fun! Can we try it, Vespidae? Can we?” Spectre signed, his excitement was vibrant. Vespidae smiled and nodded.

Leah turned to the owner, “I strongly recommend Spectre and Vespidae, so will you give them a beginning title? I've battled them twice and they're strong trainers.”

The man nodded and it was now free game for them to battle anyone of their title. Leah, of course, decided to challenge Viola to a battle, she was a marchioness and it is faster to get nobility points. Viola fervently accepted the challenge. She was not to hold back, and she wanted to see how strong Leah has gotten since their last encounter. Most of the people here knew Leah from past battles and the girl was one for spectacles. She debated between which Pokemon to send into battle, Mrs. Cuddletails would be at a major disadvantage against Surskit if Viola were to send it into battle, Actias Luna would want a rematch and Primadonna hasn’t gotten much battle experience. The question had an obvious answer and Leah sent out Actias Luna to which Viola responded with a smile. A glint of pride shone on her face as she sent out her own Vivillon.

It was the Vivillon showdown and people were willing to see who would come on top. Viola took a picture of Actias Luna when the butterfly-like Pokemon decided to stand on Leah’s hand. Vivillons were Pokemon with many different patterns that represent where they’re from, and as a bug type photographer, Viola would be loath to hesitate on such a sweet shot. Leah knew of this so she gave the gym leader the opportunity to take a few pictures before the battle began, but when it did, neither of them wanted to lose. Leah called the first move, “Actias Luna use Psybeam!”