Chapter 6 - The Confession

Weeks have passed since Emma sent the messages to Regina and since then She hasn't slept a wink.

Today was the day that she might regret but to be honest, Regina doesn't give a sh*t. She can't continue to bottle up how she feels and thinks it's about time she confesses her feelings for Emma before she blows up.

Regina wakes up feeling extremely tired and walks into the master bathroom and does her morning routine, then walks down into the kitchen to find Henry making breakfast.

Henry turns round and smiles at his mum and says "Oh morning mum I was hoping to catch you before you woke up. I was going to make you breakfast in bed, but it's ok I will still make it and you can sit on the sofa and eat it because today is going to be about you, as it's your day off today".

Regina smiles and walks over to Henry placing a kiss on his forehead and replies "Thank you Henry what's the occasion".

Henry laughs and responds in a soft tone " There's no occasion I just wanted to treat my mum for the days. You haven't been yourself lately and I wanted to make you have and let you know that I'm here for you if you ever need to talk to someone".

Regina places another soft kiss on Henry's forehead then steps back with a tear rolling down her cheeks she replies "Thank you Henry I do need to have a day where it's just me and you. So what are your plans"

Henry leans up against the kitchen counter places this hand to his chin and thinks "I'm thinking a movie with popcorn then a few board games then I can beat you on my Xbox"

Regina laughs and grins " That sounds lovely and do you mean I will win". She says this whilst walking up to Henry getting ready to tickle and then both of them start laughing and walk into the living room to start up the movie.

A few hours have passed and they are now sitting on the living room floor playing Monopoly. When suddenly Regina's belly starts to rumble and she looks at Henry whilst holding her stomach and says "What would you say to us leaving this game here and we head to grannies to get something to eat".

Henry takes his turn and collects his money for passing go and looks up at Regina and replies "Yeah I'm getting a little hungry". Jumping up he ran upstairs to grab his coat and change out of his pyjamas and put something else on.

A few minutes after Henry Runs upstairs Regina gets a text from Emma.

'Hey Regina I was wondering can we meet up I need to talk to you about something'

Regina sighs and messages back.

'Hey Emma I'm sorry I can't today be spending time with Henry, as he is starting to click into the fact that I'm not myself so he's treating me to a day for just me and him. We are just getting ready to head to grannies for some lunch'

Regina sends the message but regrets writing the last bit as Emma responds.

'Oh that's great you can just say I just need to pop to the toilet then meet me out back'

Regina sighs again then replies.

'I will try my best'

With that, she places her phone in her bag and heads upstairs to do the same as Henry.

They finally make it to grannies and Henry turns to Regina and says "I will get us a table and you order the food. You should know what I want".

Henry runs off and Regina heads to the counter. Grannies walk over and say in a happy voice "Nice day out with Henry"

Regina smiles whilst looking at Henry and says "Yeah he is treating me for the day. Oh and can we have the usual order".

Grannie nods and walks into the kitchen. Regina gets to the table sitting on the opposite side of the table. Henry places a hand on top of hers and says "Hey mum is everything ok, you seemed happy at the house but now you don't".

Regina frowns and replies "Everything is fine I just have a lot going on right now".

Henry looked concerned and sighed "ok mum I just wish I knew how to make you happy again I hate it when you are sad".

Regina smiles and places her hand upon Henry's and says "Everything is going to be ok. When the time comes I will explain everything but for now let's enjoy this day".

Henry smiles and goes back to eating his lunch. Suddenly Regina's phone pings and she takes it out of her bag and realises it's a text from Emma.

'Hey, Regina I'm out back.'

Regina sighs whilst placing her phone back into her bag then looks at Henry who has a mouth full of food and says with a worried tone lingering in her voice "Hey Henry I'm just going to pop to the toilet".

Henry nods and Regina slides out of the booth and walks to the back of the diner and out of the back door, where Emma is leaning up against her yellow bug. As Regina gets to Emma she stands up and pulls Regina into a hug and places a kiss on her lips, she lets go and says "I'm so sorry". Regina stands in shock but what happens next shocks Emma twice as much.

Regina grabs Emma by the neck of her shirt pulls her into a deep passionate kiss and says whilst her lips are still pressed against Emma "There's no need to say 'sorry' you just beat me to it".

Emma steps back still in shock by Regina's actions and says "So what is this then should we make a go of things or should we wait"

Regina's smile disappears from her and she tries her best to not regret her next sentence "I know this whole situation is confusing Emma but we need to decide because we both know that we both feel the same and I need you to know that ..." Regina passes and hopes that her next few words don't scare Emma. She continues "I love you Emma and right now I'm not afraid to admit it".

Emma steps forward and kisses Regina on the lips and repeats back what Regina says.

After they pull apart they both say goodbye and Emma gets back in her car and Regina returns to Henry.

That evening Regina is back to her happy self and is lying in bed in her red velvet pyjamas and reading a book when she gets a text from Emma "Hey Regina would we be able to talk tomorrow when we both are free I need to tell you something but I think it's best if I tell you in person"

Regina is a little worried and confused at what Emma wants to talk about and comments back "Hey Emma yeah sure pop by my office in the morning, I have no meetings then so I will be free".