Chapter 10 - The Family Meeting

Emma walks into Regina's office and is instantly greeted by Regina staring straight at her, she blushes but brushes it off then walks over to where both she and Henry are sitting.

She takes a deep breath and sighs "ok I bet you're both wondering why I asked for us to meet up, well all I can say is I thought we need to address a few things". She pauses as she looks at Regina who gets the hint and she stands up and sits next to Emma.

Emma then continues "ok Henry there is something me and Regina need to talk to you about but before we did we wanted to be 100% sure that this was correct before we told you."

Emma is cut off by Regina who finishes her sentence "I just wanted to say that this is not going to change anything and if you have any question we have the answers to every question you may have".

Henry looking confused says "ok you're both scaring me please just tell me what is happening".

Regina and Emma interlock their fingers, then Regina comments back "Me and Emma have been seeing each other, and yes we have kept this a secret from you but that was because we were unsure if the feelings we had were there but recently they have been showing more and more each day".

Henry smiles and Emma jumps in before he can say anything "There's one more thing I need to tell you, well I need to tell you both". Emma pauses as she turns to Regina who has a concerned and worried look in her voice and says "Emma what else is there".

Emma looks at Henry who has the same facial expressions as Regina and she continues whilst looking back at Regina "When I went to the doctors today they told me the reason behind why I have been throwing up and this is the reason".

Emma stands up and places her hands back into the same stop on her stomach as she did when she told her mum and says with a happy tone "Regina I'm pregnant".

Regina stands up and looks at Henry and says "Henry, can you go downstairs and wait outside me in the car because me and Emma need to talk along". Emma stands frozen to the spot as she is confused by the change of tone in Regina's voice.

Regina walks over to Emma and says "When, did this happen before or after we slept together".

Emma walks over to the cream sofa and sits down sighing "It was after, I'm sorry at this point the feeling wasn't there and I don't even know what was going to happen".

Emma stands back up, walks up to Regina takes her hands in hers and continues "But the most important thing we need to talk about is has this changed the way you feel about me". Emma looks at the floor as she finishes that sentence.

Suddenly she feels Regina's finger being placed under her chin lifting her head and looking her in the face and says with a smile "Emma I love you and no baby will come between us. I am extremely happy to be able to raise another kid with you".

Emma starts crying and Regina places a small but passionate kiss on her forehead and says "If you would like I will come with you when you tell Killian".

Emma smiles and kisses Regina back and replies with a nervous tone "Actually I was thinking of telling him on my own, as we aren't really in his good books and if he were to see us both it wouldn't go very well". Regina nods in reply and kisses her on the lips.

It's the next morning and Emma is sitting in her office in the station when she picks out her phone from her bag and messages Killian

K: Killian

E: Emma

E: Hey Killian, I know we're not talking right now but I need to talk to you. Can you meet me in the station?

After waiting 30 minutes Emma says to herself he's never going to reply, but why should he? I am a horrible person.

After saying that she looks at her phone and notices a message from him.

K: yeah when do you want me to pop by?

Emma smiles and comments back 'Are you free now'.

K: ok yeah I'm on my way

20 minutes later Emma hears footsteps coming from down the corridor and with each step her heart beats faster and faster, as she gets even more nervous about how he would react.

He reacts at the office door and smiles but through his smile, he is still heartbroken but manages to say "Hey Emma so what is so important that you needed me to come to the station and not to grannies".

Emma sighs and with a worried tone in her voice comments back "I needed you to meet me here as I would prefer to talk to you in private." She looks down and then back to Killian who is starting to look a little worried but is surprised with what Emma says next. "Killian I'm pregnant".

Killian's jaw drops then sits in the chair in the corner of the office rests his head in his hands and sighs "How far" he questions.

Emma, scared to reply, managed to comment back "three and a half months".

With anger building up Killian replies "Were you sleeping with Regina at this time or was it before you decided to go behind my back and date the woman who has tried to kill your mother".

Emma is shocked at the comment he just made and as angry as he is responds "Actually at this point nothing was happening between me and Regina but yes this was after we had that one night stand".

With anger still lingering in his voice Killian questions "How long have you known".

Emma, scared by Killian's reaction, responds "I only found out yesterday, but if you have any questions feel free to ask and if you want to express how you're feeling then say that as well. I will answer all your questions".

Killian starts to calm down a little and begins "How far along are you, can I be in the baby's life, who else knows I'm feeling loads of emotions right now I'm happy but upset all at the same time but you made your decision to be with Regina so I need to accept that".

Emma walks over to Killian and takes his hands in hers and looks up at him "Killian I never meant to hurt you, I never expected this to happen and neither did Regina but I can't help how I feel about her I mean what I and you felt for each other was pure and I loved every minute I spent with you but being with Regina she just makes me feel things I never thought I would ever feel, things I never knew I could feel and I'm sorry I hurt you I just hope that even though we are not together I hope we can still be friends".

Killian nods and Emma continues "ok and to the questions I am three months old, yes you can see the baby whenever you like and the only people that know are my mum, Henry and Regina".