Not True (Luke Patterson)

⚠️Warnings⚠️: language, abusive speech, mentions of abusive family, death and ghosts.

A/n: idk what it is with me writing sad things at 1:00 in the morning. But it is a reoccurring thing. Also this hasn't been proof read, so sorry for any mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the ghosts had their comforts. Luke's was sitting in his parents house and watching them while they did basically anything, Alex's was hanging out with Willie. Reggie's was his one-sides conversations with Mr. Molina, and Y/n's was sitting at her grave.

Everyone knew of these comforts, but they didn't realize that some were less of a comfort than others.

"Where's y/n? We need to rehearse this song for the show tomorrow." Julie asked the boys.

"She's probably at her grave." Reggie said not looking up from his bass.

"Oh yea." Alex made a 'true true' kinda face.

"Her grave?" Julie questioned.

"Yea. She goes there a lot." Reggie replied still trying to tune his bass to the perfect pitch.

"That's, kind of sad. Don't you think?"

"Eh, she's always been the sad poet type of person. But don't tell her i said that." Luke rushed to say. "She'll kill me."

"Dude. You're already dead." Alex pointed out.

"You know what i mean doofus."

Alex rolled his eyes and went back to twirling his sticks.

"Should we go get her or is this one of those things that we shouldn't bother her?" Julie asked.

"Ummmm. I don't know." Reggie said finally looking up from his, now, perfectly tuned bass.

"I'll go get her." Luke hopped off the grand piano and gently hung his guitar on it's hook. "Be back."

He saluted his band mates and poofed out of the garage they use as a studio.

He poofed to the cemetery, looking around and quickly spotting y/n. She was sitting on the ground in front of a headstone.

Luke walked over to the girl; about to call out her name to grab her attention, but stop when he saw the state the headstone was in. The boy paused and stared in disbelief.

Words such as slut, whore, and other degrading insults were spray-painted on the stone. Some were faded, but others were suspiciously fresh looking. And instead of beautiful flowers, there were stems with very obvious thorns on the ground in front of the headstone.

"I knew i was hated, but i didn't think i was this hated." The girl looked up at her best friend with dried tears on her face.

"Of course she knew i was here" Luke thought.

"Y/n." He started.

"No." She wiped the tears off. Although, scrubbed was really a better term. It was if she was trying to erase any evidence that they were there in the first place. "It's fine Luke. Im fine."

"No, y/n. It's not fine, this isn't fine. No one should be disrespected like this. Especially since no one was there to defend you."

"Luke. It's fine. Now let's just go. We have rehearsal." She got up from the ground and walked over to the boy.

"Y/n, are you sure-" Luke was cut off by a voice.

"I know Mom."

Y/n and Luke turned to see y/n'a sister walking towards them. Well, their direction.

She was on the phone, with y/n's mother.

Y/n tensed up at the site of her sibling, who had some very, very dead flowers in her hand.

"Yes. I'm putting flowers on the disappointment's grave right now." She dropped the flowers onto the ground in front of the gravestone. "Hm, it looks like some of the paint had faded. We might need to repaint it soon."

Luke looked to y/n, but she just stared at her sister with an emotionless visage.

"Okay. Love you mom. Bye." Her sister hung up the phone and slipped it in the pocket of her trench coat.

She looked at her sister's grave and smirked.

"Hey dumbass. Like your flowers? You probably don't. You always were an ungrateful bitch."

Luke could feel his anger rising by the second. This wasn't right. Who said this about their family members, or anyone? Y/n didn't deserve this.

He wrapped his arm around y/n's shoulder. "Come on, let's go."

"No."

Luke looked at his best friend, confused. Why would she want to stay and listen to what her horrible sister was saying to her?

But, nevertheless, he stayed with her.

Her sister hurled some more insulting words before turning on her heal and leaving.

"Okay, can we go now?" Luke asked gently.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Look." Y/n lifted her finger in the air.

Luke turned his head in the direction she had pointed to see two familiar figure walking in their direction.

"Is that." He trailed off as the man and woman came closer.

"Yea."

Luke's parents finally made it to the headstone where the two ghosts were standing. His mother had tears softly running down her face and his father was carrying some purple irises.

"Y/n, dear, i am so sorry. No one should be talked to like that, dead or alive." The woman bent down and picked up the dead roses and bloomless flower stems, putting them in a trash bag. "If Luke had heard her say that to you, oh boy, it would've ended badly. That boy always had a soft spot for you, you know. Isn't that right honey?"

"Sure is. He liked you a lot. Was always trying to woo you."

The old man chuckled at the memories of his son and the girl who was like a daughter to the couple. Many a nights had she showed up at their front door, seeking shelter from her family and the comfort of their son. And they had welcomed her with open arms every time.

"Mom. Dad." Luke groaned.

Y/n chuckled.

"He was really smitten with you, sweet girl." His mother smiled a sad smile and pulled a few things out of her bag. She handed a rag and spray bottle to her husband, equipping herself with her own as well.

Luka sat there with y/n leaned against him, watching his parents clean the graffiti off of the grave of the girl he loved.

None of them knew how long it was before the couple was finished. Luke's mother and father stood up, wiping their hands on their pants and admired their handiwork.

The graffiti was almost entirely gone and there were no more dead flowers or lifeless thorns. Y/n's grave looked as if it belonged to a very loved person. Which she supposed she was. Luke loved her, Luke's parents loved her, Reggie and Alex loved her, and Julie was quickly joining that list along with Flynn, even though the last one couldn't see her.

The two ghosts poofed back to the garage, ready to rehearse. Only to see their band mates, and Flynn, passed out in various places around the couch.

"Huh, guess we were at the cemetery longer than we thought."

Luke laughed and hugged y/n to his chest.

"You know, what your sister said wasn't true at all."

"I know."

"You do?"

"Yes. I learned a long time ago not to believe anything my family said; especially in reference to me."

"Good."

The two walked over and joined their friends, quickly falling asleep along with them.