The Arrangement (Charles Brandon)

⚠️Warnings ⚠️: nudeness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath before knocking twice on Charles' door. I waited a minute and knocked again when there was no answer.

The door opened to reveal a very tired and very naked Charles. I gulped and tried my hardest to keep my eyes on his face; which wasn't any less attractive than his body.

"Ah, Lady Y/n. To what do i owe this pleasure?" He quirked his head to the side with a little smirk; ever the playful flirt even at this late hour.

"May i come in? I have something I'd like to discuss with you, privately."

He opened the door wider and gestured for me to walk past. I looked around quickly, double-checking that we were alone.

"What is it you would like to talk about?" He shut the door and sauntered over towards his wardrobe, clothing himself once again.

I cleared my throat. "My father is going to come to you tomorrow to offer anything and everything for you to accept my hand in marriage."

He paused his actions. I chewed my lip nervously.

"Don't worry, i won't accept:" He finally said.

"That's what i came to talk to you about." I took a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever reaction he would have to my next words. "i want you to accept."

"What?" He questioned.

"Think about it Charles. It would get everyone off of your back and i wouldn't have to worry about the men at court trying to, well, court me. You would still get to be a ladies man, in secret of course, and i would get to be left alone by filthy varmints that we refer to as men. It's a win-win. The only thing that would change about our relationship is that we would have to act like we are married in public and we'd have to try for an heir every once in a while."

I stopped my rambling and looked to him for a response to my, i would consider to be brilliant, idea. He just looked at me with an unreadable visage.

I looked up at him and took a deep breath.

"Look, i know that you'd rather die than marry me, but-"

"Whoever gave you that idea?"

I looked at Charles in disdain. "Please, can you be serious for a moment?"

"I am being serious. I don't know who or what gave you the idea that i would rather die than marry you, but that's not the slightest bit true." He tilted his head once again.

"I'm choosing to ignore that statement for now. As i was saying, it's a brilliant plan. Just think about it, please." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

He sighed and crossed his arms. "I'll consider it."

"Thank you Charles. Now, i must be going, lest people get the wrong idea." I headed towards the door.

"I think they already have."

I stopped and turned towards him. "What are you going on about?"

"Have you not heard the rumors?"

"What rumors?"

"The rumors that say we're not just friends, we're very good friends." He smirked and waggled his eyebrows.

I froze in disbelief. "You're joking right?"

"Nope, heard the queen's ladies talking about it just this morning actually."

"Oh my gosh. This is bad, this is very bad." I started to panic. I've heard what becomes of girls who are known to have sex before wedding. Even if it wasn't true, people didn't know that; and they probably wouldn't believe it either.

"Why is that so bad?" Charles questioned, sounding a little offended.

"Because Charles, you known what happens when ladies have sex before marriage! Oh gosh, my family will be disgraced, my father will disown me, I'll-"

Charles grabbed my shoulders gently, breaking me out of the down spiral i was going into. "Calm down, it'll be alright. Everybody knows not to listen to palace gossip, especially if it's from the queen's ladies."

I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts. "You're right." I stepped out of his grasp. "I apologize for the outburst."

He rolled his eyes at my formality. "Go rest, I will see you tomorrow."

I nodded and headed towards the door again. "Goodnight your grace."

"Goodnight Lady Y/n."

I made my way back to my chambers, contemplating the events that would take place tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Should i make a part two?