[prologue]: The End of the Beginning

A/N: If you're 12 or 11 or less than that, I strongly advise you not to read this (unless you're interested in violence and mild gore). You've been warned.

--

SIX YEARS LATER

How long has it been? Dune thought.

What do you mean? Glitch asked, its voice as distorted as ever.

I mean, Dune sighed slightly as he trekked across the desert. How long has it been since I was... well... In Idncar?

In Idncar? Well... Let me think... Glitch went quiet in Dune's mind for a second. About... five, maybe six years? It's hard to count.

Oh... Dune exhaled again, this time longer and deeper. 

Look out! Glitch yelled suddenly while Dune was busy regretting his trust in his aunt.

"Hm?" Dune looked up from the sand underneath him just in time to see another... 'player', as they called it in Idncar.

This one had a lot of light, short blue hair. The player was a boy, no doubt. Sometimes, Dune couldn't tell the players' genders, but this one's was glaringly obvious.

He had white eyes and the Adventurer's Robe, which was a soft black robe. Dune had a lot of those. He had around 15 or 16.

Hm... This guy's an amateur. Only level 26? Dune laughed. I remember when I was level 26.

The boy raced into action quickly, not allowing Dune to think any more thoughts. He drew his blade  ("Night Raven's Woes", Dune noticed. That sword sucks... ) and leaped at Dune. His eyes gleamed with malicious intent and his weapon touched Dune's cheek, slicing it open. Blood spilled out.

Dune chuckled. "Only beginners use swords," He grinned like a madman. "And I'm not a beginner." He whipped out his bow ("Light in the Deeps". Type: Light. Stats: Lvl 63. Defence boost 8%. Attack boost 23%. Attack damage +60. Passive: Every 10 arrows, there is a 100%  chance of Critical Damage by 200% of Base Attack.) and took out one of his arrows. (A/N: In Indcar, arrows come in packs. i.e.: "Mist Arrows" comes in a pack of 50 arrows, all with the same stats. You have to retrieve the arrows once shot.) Dune's arrows happened to be "Bright Future", which was very compatible with "Light in the Deeps", mainly because they were both Light-types. ("Bright Future". Type: Light. Stats: Lvl 30. Defense boosts 0%. Attack boost 50%. Attack damage +10. Passive: No Passive effect.

The blue-haired boy smirked wildly and started to laugh. Dune's eyes widened as he realized that he was suddenly... on the ground. He was lying down, down, down, down. He couldn't stand up, much less shoot the other boy. He has welpless. Was helpless.

Dune, snap out of it! Glitch yelled. His mental, distorted voice was like an inferno in Dune's otherwise quiet mind.

No, please be quiet for once... I want to sleep. I'm rired of tunning. Tired of... running. I slant to weep.

It's "Want to sleep!" Now get up! Glitch screamed. Get up! Get up! GET UP!

Dune slept, oblivious to Glitch.

-- 

Word count: 489