006 - blue mustang

The next day was a Saturday, luckily for Caterina. She had already done all her homework the night before, so she had all weekend to relax and do whatever she wanted.

Calogero had come home around two am the night before. Caterina heard him coming through his window. She honestly didn't really care what he was out doing, but she wanted him to be safe and not let their mom find out.

"Caterina! Come down here please," her mom shouted from downstairs.

"Coming Mama!" She yelled as she ran to her mother.

"Rina, could you please head to the market and buy some groceries for me? I need to pay the bills." Her mom sighed.

"Of course."

Caterina slipped on her shoes and held the list her mom had given her.

Her mother had seemed very stressed out lately, so Rina tried to make her feel better by doing whatever she asked.

While Caterina was on her way to the grocery store she noticed a blue mustang circle past the block. She didn't pay any mind to it, though.

When she reached the gas station she bought the things on the list and a pack of gum for herself. She figured her mom wouldn't mind.

When Rina left the store she saw the blue mustang again. She didn't really care until it stopped right beside her.

"Hey, what's a lady like you doing out here by yourself? You need a ride?" A boy in the passenger seat said.

Caterina didn't know them. They didn't look very harmful, but she didn't want a ride from them. "I'm alright, thank you."

"You sure? We got plenty of space in the back."

"I'm sure. Thanks."

"C'mon, hop in, we won't bite ya'."

Caterina was getting annoyed now. This boy kept pestering her and wouldn't take no for an answer. She wouldn't be rude, though, because she didn't want to make them angry.

She kept smiling. "I've got someone waiting for me. Sorry boys."

"Really? I don't see em'."

She was lucky she saw Ponyboy Curtis and Johnny Cade at that moment.

"Oh, hey guys! I was looking for you." Caterina said, waving them over.

"Hey Caterina," Ponyboy said.

"Who's this broad?" There was another boy Caterina didn't know. He was clearly not very excited to meet her.

"Caterina," Johnny responded.

"We'll see you later, sweetheart," the boy in the mustang said.

"What was that?" Johnny asked.

"I'm not sure, they were just bothering me. You guys can go now, though." Rina said.

"Alright, later," Ponyboy said.

"See ya," Johnny said.

"Bye guys," she said, waving to them.

"Who the hell was that, man?" The other one muttered, walking off.

———

When Caterina got home, her mom was gone, and Calogero was getting ready to leave. "Where are you going?" She asked him.

"To a friend's house."

"Alright, but be back soon. You were out really late last night."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Bye."

Caterina rolled her eyes and locked the door after he walked out. When she was finished with putting the groceries away, she walked upstairs to her bedroom.

She had a couple of her dad's records from back home she brought to Tulsa, so she thought she might as well get some use out of them.

The voice of The Impressions filled the room softly. Caterina was extremely bored. She had some friends, but not the type you would hang out with at your house. And she didn't want to go outside.

She decided to watch a movie on the television downstairs. She made popcorn and took out some soda from the fridge.

She let the channels play as she sat on the couch. There wasn't anything super entertaining and enjoyable on, so she just sat there staring at the TV until she grew tired and fell asleep.

GABI SPEAKS!
okay ik i said i was going to post this yesterday but i forgot 😭 and it's prettty short sorry
not sure when the next chapter will be out but i'll start working on it soon!!
alsooo happy easter to everyone that celebrates