Prologue

Disclaimer: Some of the characters used here do NOT belong to me, all rights go to the respective owners.

A/N: If you haven't read Fate/Void Wars, I recommend you check it out. This is the alternate ending and sequel. A timeline where Y/N chooses revenge over anything.

_________________________________________________________

August 9th, Nagasaki, Japan 1945

It was a hot day. A breeze could be felt throughout the city. Scratch that—a normal day. The lesser grail was on a hill. It could be seen from the other side of the city. It glowed like no other fire or lamp in the city.

We arrived at the city around 10:30 am. In about twenty-five minutes, we climbed to see the hill. The breeze that was felt halted at a point. More like it circled the grail. It was a bounded field. Uncle did this. I touched the invisible force and took it down.

"This is it, huh, Jeanne?"

"Yeah. I guess, you get your wish granted." Jeanne looked down and dreary.

"This pure amount of mana. It connects it to the root. Could the connection grant my wish? How does it work?" I went to touch the frail chalice.

"Wait!" she grabbed my hand before I touched it.

"What is it?"

"I disappear when you touch the grail."

"..."

"..."

"Say that again?"

"I said that I disappeared...back to the throne of heroes." she had tears in her eyes.

"There is something I want to tell you before I go."

Suddenly, I felt all my senses go to full awakening. They all went to life. Like they were going to explode. My eyes were flickering. I collapsed onto the ground.

"Y/N!" she went to my side. "wait...!"

What is this?! Y/N this energy! I can't predict...Y/N you're going to die!

Jeanne summoned her flag. Did she notice the thing as well? It was so potent I couldn't even predict a way out with clairvoyance.

"Jeanne what- are you doing"

"I'm doing what, I want." She planted her flag in front of the grail.

"No this thing... it won't work. Jeanne stop."

-I'm empowering her with all your command spells. All seven. The dragon seemed scared. It was the first time I heard shivering bones.

"No don't." I grabbed her by the waist. She did nothing.

"The grail will survive."

Then I heard it. An explosion.

"la grondement du haine!" she tried to take on the blunt force of the explosion. It worked. Her noble Phantasm causes magic to be reflected. In this instance, she was left unscathed. I won't describe what I saw.

"Jeanne!" I held her hand.

"Me–ma—-mast—" she could barely speak. Half of her body was turning into golden dust.

"Yes, it's me." I felt water in my eyes.

She touched my face with her only hand. It was unbearable to see her like this.

"I —lo–ve— you." these was the words she spoke to me. Then she disappeared from this world.

I looked at the city across me. It was more than enough to label this place as hell itself.