Chapter 4: Revenge Closer

A/N: you going to Brazil

_________________________________________________________

September 15th, Amazon, Brazil 1951

According to Kelrod, who I let live for the price of being a Self-Geuss Scroll. Max was searching for the treasures of South America. It was an ideal way to escape me. Being deep in the rainforest, easily camouflaged.

I let her live in exchange for a constant 20% supply of mana. Man, maybe I'm onto something.

The night was one of a full moon. That means I could use Beelzebub to its full potential. The night was my best friend after all.

Where Max L/N was staying was near an ancient temple. One where he had set up camp with mercenaries. I stalked the campsite from the foliage.

This might be a dirty trick but here goes. I leap into the air. Beelzebub propels me off the ground. I float with the help of my lance. All without the help of that dragon.

I heard that, the dragon hissed in disdain.

'I forgot you were still a part of me...why are you still a part of me?' I asked the dragon. I was met with silence.

'Just what I expected from you,' I sighed.

"Time to use you I guess. Beelzebub: Spider rain!"

As stated, in the Amazon rainforest there is such an occurrence known as spider rain. However, this twist is that these are banana spiders. I made them spin webs in the air to tarp the mercenaries for an easier time. They weren't mages, so this was an easy task. I made the spiders only have enough venom to kill the one victim. However, there were thousands so...

"Hey what's that up there?" said a mercenary.

"Fucking run! Those are spiders!"

That is when I plummeted down from the heavens. I made the mercs stay in place with lightning shocks. Then the spiders got to work. They wrapped the mercs in webs and bit them.

"You won't get away with thi- aaahh~" the merc had just taken the bite. Man, I love these spiders, they hinder people in two ways.

"Harder~" yelled a merc.

A mercenary started to foam from the mouth. I ignored the comments of the mercs. They would die soon anyway. Soon, enough behind me, I heard the thumps of bodies. Typical. I was almost startled. The spiders crawled into a formation, one that was coordinated. I planted my spear into the jungle ground. The eight-legged creatures went along the polearm. Eventually being absorbed into the jewels in both spear tips.

Gripping my spear, I pulled it over my shoulder and strode to the main tent. The crunch of the jungle leaves cracked with each step. The jungle birds gave me ease. It was melodic. A place filled with death at every corner hides sounds of beauty. It was strange. The rumble of distant clouds could be heard. It was peaceful.

Know why you are here, whispered a voice from his hand.

"Right." I focused on the mission.

In front of me was the tent, I pulled open the entrance to see nothing. No sign of life at all. The tent was big enough to fit two elephants yet not even one person was there. I stormed inside.

A single candle lamp illuminated it. I frantically searched the room. There was a desk and a map. On the side was a bottle of liqueur. I was unsure of which type since all of them did nothing to me. Going through the drawer even faster proved worse. Everything in the drawers were bottles of liquid. Dark brown.