Chapter 3: The Nightlife

A/N: Enjoy the chapter Minor Tsukihime themes.

_________________________________________________________

August 24th, London, England 1951

The night is lively. The city lights illuminate the sky of the night. The air is filled with the scent of beer and restaurants. Not a particularly cold night but it is not a warm one either. The chiming of the Big Ben striking midnight alerts the populace of the time, this was not just a time for the people, but for mages as well.

I stood on top of the giant clock for a greater view. The wind blew in my favor. Not far off was the mage's association clocktower. That's where my uncle was. No longer was he there. However, that wasn't my current target. My target was a mage named Kelrod.

My best chance of finding this mage where in the alleys and sewers. This is where the crime of the city took place. There I could form a trail from an informant or just a newly recruited syndicate.

After about an hour, I saw my chance. A shady-looking guy walked into an alley and disappeared onto the floor. Not only that, they used earth-type magecraft. What a rookie.

"Today's my lucky day," I said.

I jumped down from the tower and into the river Thames. In a flash, drying myself and following the path of the mage. I changed my clothes from my usual attire to a nightlifer. Might as well take some fish and chips with me. He walked between this street and that street's alley.

The alley was barren. Only the scurry of rats was present. That and the dumpster of a bar. Walking to the so-called entrance, I found nothing. I slid my hand against the rough pavement of the ground.

This is where I found an oddity. A single slab jutted out of the ground. I infused it with mana of earth-type magecraft. Then it all came together.

The bricks of the ground soon collapsed and revealed a secret passageway to the shadowy depths of the underground. Steps descending into the depths of darkness. Only a glimmer of red light was seen deep below. I assume this is where the mage's crime world of London was.

"This is what I've searched for."

I created a flame in the palm of my hand. It would help me to see in this dark abyss. That was because I no longer had my mystic eyes.

"I'm coming for you Kelrod"

I descended the steps into the darkness. Only my torch gave me light. I was alone yet I was not afraid. Fear had been taken away from me a long time ago.

_________________________________________________________

I was in the shadows of the underground for a while. That was until I found a source of light. It was a room grand yet rustic. It had the design of the Victorian era. However there was one problem, I heard many conversations in the room. In response, I hid in the shadows.

Currently, a person is sitting on the back of a person. From what I could tell she was a mage. The mage was stepping on a person with a pink jumpsuit on.

The mage had a coat on with a black suit underneath. Her hair was a pure emerald. Her eyes were a bright emerald. To describe her, she was naturally beautiful.

"Hey boss, can I have the pussy please." says a guy in a pink jumpsuit.

"Shut it." A female voice says. She steps on the underling's face.

"Hey boss, fuck you man." he sticks his tongue out at the mage.

"You really get a kick out of this don't you?"