Chapter Ten

Hope opened her eyes, and was surprised to see Sirius staring down at her.

"Gah! You spooked me." She'd scramble up, looking around.

It was strange, a dark place with barely any life, or light. She could faintly hear a trickling stream as Sirius helped her up.

Lyra was next to Audrey, leaning on each other for comfort.

"Where are we?"

"Ahahaha. You poor confused things." A voice spoke, it was in a rasp and had a strange accent she couldn't recognize. She'd glance around for the source of what had spoke.

"Down here, the cat." Hope looked down before being startled, Scrap was staring back up at her with a nonchalant smile.

"You can talk, Scrap?!" Hope exclaimed

"That's what you named me?! Ugh. It's about as bad as a one hour walk to work! You should work on your names, small Nastiasia." The cat tutted, shaking his disapproval at her

"You know my mom? How?!" Hope exclaimed, staring down at the cat.

"My name's not Scrap, first of all. I'm the master of dimensions! Pleaser of crowds! I am Dimentio!" He'd exclaim, Hope wondered if she was supposed to be intimidated by the cat.

"Yes, I know you're in awe. Now, I know what you're thinking. How can I save Duncan?" He'd mimic, what Hope supposed was her voice.

In fact, Hope was thinking just that. She'd give him an impressed look.

"How'd you know? That's pretty cool. Do you know where we can find Duncan then?" Hope was thinking about the Overthere, how would they get there?

"Yeah, obviously. I was here before I got trapped in this body. In fact, I know how to solve all your problems!"

"Really?!" Hope exclaimed, Sirius raised an eyebrow looking distrustful

"I know where you can get Duncan. All I ask is for a small exchange." He'd purr, his ears twitching 

"Yeah...?" Lyra said, looking wary

"I want to mentor Sirius." Dimento said, his expression unreadable

"Your call." Hope immediately said, looking towards Sirius. They needed someone who knew the Underwhere and Overthere, and Hope secretly was hoping he would agree to this stupid favor. Sirius looked like he was about to reject, before glancing toward Hope's expression and sighing.

"Alright. Why do you wanna mentor me?"

"Because I will become your familiar, of course!" Dimentio meowed, his tail flicking in annoyance at the questions.

"Hm. Alright, as long as you aren't stealing my body or whatever."

Dimento's face dropped in surprise for a moment before he sighed.

"Alright, whatever. Let's get on with it. All we have to go is break into the Underwhere prison, get past a bunch of bad guys and the queen, and rescue Duncan from his foolishness. It will be as easy as stealing candy from a laser fortified safe." Dimentio said, partly sarcastic at the last part

"Wait, he's in the PRISON?!" Audrey exclaimed 

"Ahahaha! Where do you think he would go for using dark magic? Certainly not up there." Dimento exclaimed, giving a nod towards the ceiling

"We've been traveling the wrong way this whole time O'Chunks! You've had the map upside down!" Mimi exclaimed turning his map upside down 

"Nah lass, I've been doin' it correctly!" O'Chunks said, turning the map back around

"Can you both stop fighting?! I'll take the map!" Timpani exclaimed, tired from their bickering as she snatched the map from them.

She'd look at the map for a second, then turning it around on the side.

"You both had it incorrect. It's actually this way."

Mimi and O'Chunks both grumbled, turning away from each other with annoyed expressions

"Well. I guess we should get moving. The best person find them is you know who." Blumiere said, looking sheepish.

They all exchanged nervous glances, they'd have to ask Luigi for a favor. He was the best at finding people, and their best bet.