Chapter 1

Today is the day I leave for college and i'm going to attend Uconn University to be an art teacher.

My parents don't want like the fact that i actually wanna do something in life, they think it's stupid. They want me to be just like them where i find nothing to do in life but drink all the time. 

"Maria you better not walk out that door!" my mom said pointing her finger at me as i was halfway through the door and as soon as i would walk out i would be going to college.

"HEY," i heard my dad say in a stern voice after i closed the door. I immediately started to run towards my car as fast as I could and as soon as i got in i locked my doors and drove off. 

Uconn is about 5 hours away so i'm just gonna take a road trip instead of taking a plane. Plus i get to sing in my car while listening to music as loud as i want.

Finally after a long 3 hours of driving i found a hotel to stay at for the night. I hope that this isn't one of those creepy uncomfortable hotels, i mean it doesn't really look like it so i think i'll be fine.

I grabbed my bags and walked in and was immediately greeted by this kind lady who made me feel safe.

"Hello welcome to the Connecticut hotel! I can take your bags and show you where your room will be if you want!" She said. 

"Oh that will be great thank you!" I said and then started following her to my room for the night.

"Okay here is your room! But first i will need you to sign this paper," She said smiling at me handing me this paper with a clipboard.

"It's basically just wanting to make sure you don't have any weapons or making sure you wont kill anyone and i'm sure you wont do that," She said giving me a soft comforting smile.

"Yeah i wont," I said laughing.

"Well alrighty here your room key and i hope you have a good night!" She said then leaving me all alone.

I walked in and it was probably one of the nicest looking hotel rooms i have ever been in. The walls weren't dirty and the bathroom was actually clean. 

I took a shower and then put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants to sleep in and drifted off to sleep. 

*Time skip to morning*

I'm currently in the car again jamming out to my music and i have to drive for 2 more hours which isn't that bad for me. 

Finally i made it to Uconn. The only thing that's super popular here is their basketball teams and Paige Bueckers. And i'm about to walk in the same building that she is in. 

A few years ago i loved watching her high school games, but my parents found out that i liked basketball so they literally banned me from watching it, i know i actually have THE worst parents.

I was walking into the building to get me all registered and get my dorm room. After that they gave me my dorm number. I signed up to share a dorm with someone because i would like to have friend or at least try to make one while i'm here.

I opened my dorm room to see there was nobody in here, but i do see that there looks to be my roommates side of the room all decorated with basketball decor and a lot of shoes.

I'm assuming my roommate is a basketball player?

Anyways i got all of my stuff in the room and started to decorate my side of the room with all my things from home. 

As i was making my bed i heard someone open the door. 

"Oh hi are you my new roommate?!" The girl said nicely.

"Oh yeah, I'm Maria!" I said turning around awkwardly.

"Cool, cool," she said then getting on her bed. 

It was a bit of awkward silence for a few minutes until i broke the silence.

"Are you on the women's basketball team?" I asked

"Oh yeah," she chuckled.

"Wait are you KK Arnold?!" I asked. Why didn't i recognize her sooner?

"Yeah i am," she said smiling while twirling a piece of her hair with her finger jokingly. 

"Wow i can't believe i didn't recognize you." I said.

"I'm so offended," KK said sarcastically. 

I laughed at her sarcasm and then continued to look at my phone. 

After a few hours of being alone in my dorm i decided to go to bed. You might be wondering why i'm alone welll. KK went out with her teammates to a party but i didn't really want to go since i just got here. 

*A few hours later it's now 2:30am*

Paige's Pov:

Right now i'm walking to KK's dorm to say our goodbyes after the party we just left from. It was an okay party to be honest i mean nothing was really happening there. 

"Oh then she literally- Oh my gosh Paige!" KK said cutting off the sentence she was saying before.

"What?" I said with confusion.

"I got a new roommate today, but i don't know if shes awake or not," KK said. 

"KK why didn't you tell me and the team sooner?!" 

"I don't know!" KK said then unlocking the door silently.

We then walked in the dorm and i saw KK's roommate just sleeping peacefully in her bed. 

"What's her name?" I said not noticing the soft smile growing on my face.

"Maria, she told me earlier." KK responded.

"Well maybe you can introduce her to the team so that she can have some friends?" I suggested.

"Yeah i probably will do that," KK said as we both just looked at her while she was sleeping. 

As i was looking at her i noticed that she had a few tattoos but couldn't really see what they were.

"Well see ya tomorrow Paige goodnight!" I heard KK say.

"Alright, goodnight," I said waving goodbye and heading off to my dorm.

Authors Note <3

I know this is kinda a short chapter but i hope y'all will like this new story! I will still be writing my other one I just wanted to start something new!