Teddy Bear(Soap/Ghost)

I scurry down the hallway towards the barracks, joints sore form training recruits all day. As I make my way to my room I spot Ghost not that far ahead. The man been on a mission for about three days, and I miss the quirky banter we established. Quick to catch up with the fellow I scurry to catch up to the taller men, "LT! How was the Mission?" He seems to tense but continues to walk. I slightly panic, is he hurt? He has the habits of not admitting if he's hurt but he seems fine. It doesn't hurt to check right? "Lt, Is everything alright?

He cuts his eyes at me and gives a quick "Fine sergeant" before continuing to his room. I stop and watch him walk away, maybe he tired? This wouldn't be the first time he been tired after a mission, but still never like this. I don't realize that someone walked up until Gaz speaks, "Who pissed on his snowflakes?" I shrug as we continue to stand in the hallway. We talk about holiday plans and gifts we got the family. He mentioned how he is going back to London to spend time with his sister and her family. I stated that I was going home up north for a family gathering.

We continue to chat until dinner.

When we get to the mess hall, we see that it's been decorated for the season. Lights are strung from the ceiling and fake snowflakes hang as if it was snowing. We quickly grab some food and sit at the table in a corner. When we get their Price and Laswell are already eating in silence.

"Happy holidays everyone."

Price looks up and gives a nod while Laswell smiles, "And happy holidays to you Soap. We sit and eat, Gaz and Price falling into conversation. After a moment I realize I haven't seen ghost come and grab something. He didn't pass us in the hall and normally he would at least grab something then go back to his room. As if to read my mind Price speaks, " Careful sergeant, don't want to pop a blood vessel thinking too hard." The table turns to look at me, Gaz is next to speak," yeah mate ya been strangely quiet. I thought that was Ghost think." I chuckle, " I guess it is. Can I ask somethin real quick, has anyone notice something with ghost, I haven't seen him in a while?" Mostly everyone at the table shrug, Price just stares as if he's thinking.

"He saw a kid with a teddy bear while on the mission, orphan. Couldn't be no older than 5. He helped them find their teddy then went cold."

I jump at the deep voice behind us. We turn to see Köing standing there in arms crossed. I turn to Price, and he just nods for me to go. I thank Köing before belonging it to ghost room.

When I approach Ghost room I listen for movement. After a moment of hearing nothing I knock on the door. I almost miss the quiet shuffling from behind the door, almost. I knock again, "Ghost, Ye in here?"

I don't get a response so I decide to open the door, which was surprisingly unlocked. I poke my head through the door and see his sitting on the ground knife in hand. I knock on the door and slowly step into the room. He looks up at me and stops twirling the knife. He gives me that infamous stare, the one that make rookies and even one general shake. Anyone could be intimidated by that stare but not me, I see what hides behind that stare and he knows it. Simon knows I won't leave so he focuses on the knife in his hands.

"Ye know you can't scare me away Si, now what got ya mind slipping."

He says nothing but looks away, "It's nothing sergeant."

I scoff before sitting on the floor beside him. I slowly reach for the knife and gently take it from his hands. He just stares at my hands as I take them in mine, drawing small circles in his palms. He stares at our hands as his eyes soften, the blue glossed over. I slowly reach and grab his nape and bump our foreheads together. I pull the man closer until he's sitting in my lap head resting on my shoulder. I stroke his hair as he continues to quietly sob. After a few he calms down and it's just silence. Shifting my neck, I look down at him, "Ye wanna talk 'about it. You don't have to if you don't wanna." He shakes his head no and we continue to sit in silence.

"It was his favorite toy."

I look back down at him in confusion. He shifts to look at me, those blue, brown eyes gloss with tears, "Tommy favorite stuffed animal was his teddy bear." Who is Tommy-oh...OH...oh no. I look at him with a slight sadness, I knew a little about his past but not a lot. I knew he had his nephew named Tommy, but he never went into detail. He lets out a sad chuckle as he continues, "That year his toy broke, arm fell off. But he didn't fear because his uncle Simon knew how to sew and made his teddy all better," He let out a sad chuckle, "When Uncle Simon was around, he knew he had nothing to fear."

I absorb all the information before choosing my words carefully, " I never knew Uncle Simon could sew?" He sits up and stares at me hard, "After all that the only thing you heard was that he can sew." I nod and he shakes his head, "You make me worry how you became a sergeant ya know that." I let out a laugh, there's the Lt I know. He looks at me for a second before letting out a chuckle of his own. We both continue to laugh until my sides begin to hurt.

As we calm down, he leans back on my shoulder and sigh, "Thanks Johnny, I really think I needed that." I plant a quick kiss on top of his head, "That's what I'm here for Simon. One of us gotta take care of ye." He laughs and snuggle closer into my shoulder, giving it a quick peck.

"Aye LT can I tell ye something." I feel him nod, "That story you told, Uncle Simon sounds like a badass, not only was he in the military but he also knew how to sew and was a family man. Sounds to me like he knew what it means to care. Hell, he puts me to shame, my sister would be planning a wedding if she ever met him." He lets out a chuckle, "What's stopping her?" I laugh, "The fact that she knows he taken." He nods and we fall quiet.

"Simon."

"Yeah johny?"

"I can't feel me legs"

"Shut up Johnny."

"Aye Sir"