Fourth

I closed the back door of Tim's car behind my parents. I had told them by the time we got to the car that I had to speak with the man who drives us. Mama didn't mind getting our own driver, unlike Papa, who could choke Bradford by his gaze exclusively.

Turning round my axis, I was met by my teacher's questioning face right away. His robust arms were crossed in front of his chest, eyes analysying me as if I was a weird animal. It made me uncomfortable, I would lie if I said it didn't.

Nevertheless, I didn't show him a single, tiny sign of it – I can't give him the feeling of being the winner in this little fighting dance of ours.

"Let me guess" I began, copying his posture. I even changed my voice to a mocking, mimicing one, much to Bradford's annoyance. "It was dangerous to shoot the knife, because what if it splinters off"

The man huffed and puffed, more crabby than usual. His eyes played chase with his emotions proceted in thin air before landing his gaze on mine, disdain clouding his eyes. "You could have killed someone, Darya! Me, your mother, that crazy woman... what you did was untoughtful and slap-dash!"

I kept the eye contact, not a single twitch of my face muscles. "I knew where I shot. I knew perfectly well where to shot, not to hurt anyone with the bullet"

"Don't tell me you're a genius in doing quick and perfect Maths in head before shooting" Tim rolled his eyes, still furious.

I couldn't hold back a chuckle. "You've known me for a week. Why don't you ask Nolan or West yourself? They've seen me slicing flies with my pocket knife multiple times" pushing myself away from the car, I turned my gaze upwards to face Tim from as close as possible.

I knew it was his method. And only after a week, I was clear he hated others using his method against himself. Being the frightening tutor, emotionless face, leaving small space between himself and the other to feel uncomfortable.

Well, he didn't expect an ex-Russian spy as his next rookie.

"I never miss, Tim" I formed the words, my voice is low yet steady. My blue orbs rested on his ones, his well-known perfume cruelly crawling into my nostrils. Gosh, that fresh pine scent reminded me of Motherland!

My heart changed to a faster pace as the man stretched himself, reaching his final height. He rose above me, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine. I didn't even notice how we retrograded so much that my back pressed against the cold surface of the car. The man's muscular arm suddenly appeared next to me, leaning against the car.

I... I felt trapped. But I couldn't quit this little game. I enjoyed it way too much.

"We'll see, Little Girl" Tim whispered, right into my ear. Endless rows of shiver went down my spine as he spoke. My limbs trembled from the a strange, suppressed sparkle, which blew up into a mysterious flame as soon as a manly hand rested on my hips. "We can play this game, but you won't get out of it well"

He wasn't born yesterday. He was a cop after all: more years behind his back then mine. However, the fact that he joined my little game surprised me. Not little by little, but jumping right into the fun part.

I turned my head toward him carefully, noses touching each other. He was close. Dangerously close. I couldn't risk anything else, anything wilder, or my game would be too obvious.

I leaned back, shooing his hand down from my hips to open the door for myself. On my way, I whispered to his ear the following. "I'm not so sure about it. But anyway, enough wasting time, you promised a lift for us!"

Bradford just stood there, flabbergasted. Then, he shook his head, chuckling even when he hopped into the car, buckling the seatbelt. "I cannot believe you, you crazy woman"