Sixth

The Recompensa diaria was, as usual, full of life.

As we stepped in, your typical Mexican style music filled the air. You could feel the rythm fizzing your blood while the spicy taste of burritos and nachos made your tastebuds cry in joy. My legs were trembling in a blink of time, hungrily in need for a good party. Angela, just like me, was super hyped for having a fun time, while our third member couldn't say anything out loud, just huffed because of the defeat.

"Where should we go first? Should we go to the dance floor right away?" I turned to Lopez, my eyes sparkling in joy.

"Let's wait for something catchy" suggested the woman. She wore simple jeans, a red turtleneck sweater and a black leather jacket with a pair of black, high-heeled booties.

I choose an all-black dress. Its chest piece was like a corset, coal black laces running in a straight, wide line from up to the bottom on its front side. The lower side of the dress, similarly to its long sleeves, were loose and comfy, letting the cool, Los Angeles air streaming in. It was one of my favourite dresses: not too flagrant, still fashionable.

Of course, Tim told me that it was a simple party that I mooched from him, no need to play dress ups. I rewarded his comment with a duck face, choosing the tallest boots I had, as a sign of rebellion.

"Alright! Let's get something to drink then" I motioned toward the bar, to an empty space, that was crying for us to order. "First round... tequila?"

"Yaas!" Angela exclaimed, grabbing me and Tim with her two hands, pulling us both to the bar. She asked for the two drinks right away, sitting onto one of the bar stools. I sat on the other, our male third member standing between us. Lopez clapped, gathering both our attention. "Who'll pay for the first round?"

I changed a rapid look with the woman, which was more than enough to decide the previous question. In sync, we replied. "Tim!"

The mentioned officer frowned, then barked in his usual style. "Hey, no fair you two co-operating against me! I cannot even drink with you, since I have to carry you princesses around"

"Well, you shouldn't have played the professional boxer against me" I stuck my tongue out before clinking glasses with Lopez and taking a good sip from my drink.

The alcohol burned my veins as it ran along, making my head spun in light dizziness. At the same time, joy took over me, excited to hang out with other colleagues than my rookie mates. I loved Nolan and West, but I felt I really needed a bit of change, a bit of something else.

Suddenly, a mix of Spanish and Latin music came on in the background, music I knew and loved. My legs began trembling in thrill, hungry for some good dance moves and letting myself rampage free and without limits. My eyes met Angela's, who, from a rapid change of glances, was on the same state as me. I bypassed Tim and grabbed the woman by her arm, locking it in mine. We chuckled together as we entered the thick sea of unrestrained dancers.

Third person POV

Tim shook his head, not believing what he had just witnessed. These two, a crazy duo of dangerous women!

At the same time, the officer couldn't rub off the widening smile from his lips. He would lie if he said he didn't enjoy his time with his colleague and his newest rookie. Well, at first, he didn't really want to come to this party, especially loosing against Darya. There was something in that girl that made her annoying yet interesting at the same time for Timothy. Most of the time, she was as cold as an iceberg up north, freezing every sort of connection you wanted to establish with her. The next moment, she was just like other young women of her age: daring, curious, kinky and beautiful. All of these kneaded together into this blond, no, almost snowwhite haired Russian mystery.