Can't lose her (The Owl House x Older Brother Male Reader)

Y/n was currently in the living room of the owl house, watching his little sister luz king and hooty playing together, he smiled when she tripped over her cape and got back up still beaming just as mych as before.

Y/n smile them began to go away, seeing her happy like this, having friends in Willow and Gus and king, learning magic like she always wished was possible, he wondered...

"You alright there champ?"

Y/n turned to see The Owl Lady, Edalyn Clawthorne , his and luz's standing there with a concerned expression.

"Hey Eda it's nothing." Y/n said as he turned back to the window.

Eda narrowed her eyes. "Kid after living with you for 2 months i know what the deal is with that expression of yours, what's up?"

Y/n still wasn't eager to respond.

Eda raised an eye brow and crossed her arms. "Im not going anywhere."

Y/n just sighed, she was just like his mom sometimes he swears. " ...come on." Y/n motioned her to the couch away from the windows.

Eda sat down. " alright so why the long face?."

Y/n pulled out his phone from his pocket and went to the calendar then showed it to eda.

Eda took the phone and looked at what it said.

Event Reminder- Gravesfield Graveyard.

"Whats this?" Eda asked curiously.

"...the anniversary of my father passing away...its coming up soon." Y/n said in a hollow tone.

Eda eyes widened and heart-sank hearing that. "Jeez...im sorry kid...i didn't know." Eda said remorsefully looking at the date.

Y/n shook his head and gently took the phone back. " no need to apologize, there was never a point to bring  it up, i imagine luz feels the same." Y/n said as he turned his phone screen off.

"Is that why you were looking at luz, you weren't looking forward to the day?" Eda asked cautiously, she had baggage of her own so she knew when to tread lightly.

"Not that necessarily, me and luz moved on, it's actually a sweet day when me and her celebrate with mom." Y/n said with a bitter sweet smile, it then went away again. " it just kind of hit me mom wasn't gonna be with us this time and...it just making me think about stuff beyond that.." y/n said sadly.

"Like what?" Eda asked

Y/n closed his eyes and tightened his hand a a bit. "....do you wanna know what my father told me the last time we talked?" Y/n asked look at eda.

Eda didn't respond but her eyes let him know he could continue.

"...He asked me to protect my mom and my sister, no matter what,..i remember crying when  he told me that,it was just one of those things that really let me know he wasn't gonna be with us anymore." Y/n said in a bitter sadness. "But i understood ,  i promised him i would and after he died i swore to myself i wouldn't let anything happen to them, i just couldn't, but now..." y/n said gripping his phone tightly.

"When luz wanted to stay in the boiling isles I didn't object because i knew despite mom having her best interests in mind luz was gonna be miserable at summer camp and im supposed to be in college so i had a built in excuse....now...." Y/n trailed.

"Now?" Eda said looking at him with her hands clasped together.

"..now im starting to regret it." Y/n said thinking about the situation they were in.