Rage

As we walked back to the dorm, we saw Tilda rushing round the corner.
"I'm gonna say hi, you take the groceries back to the dorm?"

"Sure!" I grabbed the bags, grateful to get away from watching Harper and Tilda get all romantic again.
I went back to our room and started unpacking the groceries.
Five minutes later, Harper stormed in, stomped to our room and slammed the door.
From the fleeting glance I saw of her face, I saw eyes full of rage and tears.

I decided to sleep on the couch that night.

In the morning, I woke up and rubbed my bleary eyes. Usually Harper would be sizzling some eggs on the hob while singing her heart out to some song about banging people but today the kitchen was silent.

I made some coffee and toast and decided to try knocking on the bedroom door. "Harper? I made breakfast"
There was a mumble from behind the door that sounded like "Fuck off Maggie" but I decided to go in anyway.

I turned the knob and swung the door open...Only to see Harper glaring at me.
She looked terrible: Red puffy eyes, tear tracks streaked her face and there was a circle of torn photos around her.

I leant over to hand her a plate of toast and a mug of coffee, ignoring the torn photos of her and Tilda.

My heart rate spiked because Harper must have noticed me looking.
"cheater" was all she said as she left the room.