Chapter 3

Stars Will Fall

∼❧Stars Will Fall

POV: Layla

"Did you-did you wait for me here?"

"Yes! I hoped you'd come back here so I could talk to you!" He didn't seem to see how creepy that sounded.

"Okay...ehm no! You do that again, and I'll call the cops on you!"

"What?! Why?"

The nerve of that guy! " Why? Because it's scary! You can't just do that or follow people-"

"I NEVER said I followed you. I said I waited, very patiently, might I add. I think I said something bad last night and I wanted to apologize." He was sincere, but this was still awkward.

"Ehm, thank you? Look, I'm waiting for my mom. We have to go back home-"

"Ugh! I would love to meet your mom. Nicole Madi. And your father, Richard Hernandez. I would be delighted." Again. Creepy. But also not my dad's name.

"Oh my god! You're a goddam stalker! Stay away from me and my mom, alright!"

I was walking towards the car, but I heard his footsteps behind me. "No! You don't understand. I'm not a stalker! I promise I'm not. It's really hard to explain, but I think I need your help."

"Oh I think you need help but not my help," I pointed at the hospital behind him. "So go get your help!" I looked him up and down and noticed he did wear the same clothes as he did last night. "You really waited here all night? You didn't go home?"

"No, I don't really have anywhere to go. Which is why I need your help!"

"Okay, listen, I'm sorry that you have nowhere to go... you should look for a shelter, but I can't help you! You should leave now before my mom comes back..."

He's fixing his hair, frustrated. "You don't understand I was up there," he pointed to the sky with both hands. "And then I saw you here and somehow... I ended up down here?" He said the last part a lot slower than before, probably realizing he sounded crazy.

"Alright. Sure. Whatever buddy...as I said-"

"Layla, who's your friend?" I flinched when I heard my mothers voice.

My mom appeared behind Blaine, looking between the two of us. Her eyes looked tired. Crossing her arms, she settles her attention on me.

"Blaine. From school. He was just about to-"

"If you want, you can hang out with your friend... It's alright. I need to handle some stuff at home anyway. Here," She pulled out her wallet and handed me some money. "For a taxi or an Uber or whatever..." She did look like she needed some time and space. And more importantly, sleep.