˗ˋ 125

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED
AND TWENTY FIVE

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH THE BLACKS 
ARE IN A MOOD

. . .

Sirius and Snape lowered their wands, as Aviana settled back down on the ground and Harry looked between them. Each of the men wore an expression of utmost contempt, however the unexpected entrance of the entirety of the Weasley family and Hermione seemed to have brought them back to their senses.

Snape pocketed his wand and swept back across the kitchen, passing by the Weasleys without comment. At the door, he looked back. "Six o'clock, Monday evening, Potter." He instructed, and disappeared in a sweep of his cape. 

Sirius glared after him, wand unmoving by his side.

"Missed opportunity to absolutely deck him." Aviana hummed, as she came to stand next to him. Sirius's gaze slid onto his daughter. "There's no point getting angry with me, either. You know you would win in a fight." 

"I can be awfully scrappy." Sirius replied, although it appeared he was still gritting his teeth. 

"What's been going on?" Mr Weasley asked once more.

"Nothing, Arthur." Sirius replied delicately, still breathing heavily, as though he had just run a long distance. "Just a... friendly little chat between two old school friends. Chance to catch up."

"More like a chance to introduce your fist to his nose." Aviana said. Harry nudged her. "Apologies, Potter, I forgot you were as humourless as you are gormless."

"Hey!" Harry complained, as Sirius forced a smile and began to question Mr Weasley. "You couldn't stop smiling." He shook his head.

"I was pushing my luck in that conversations, it's a miracle he didn't storm off to Dumbledore to get me expelled." Aviana replied. "Besides, since Snape started acting less like the old Head of House who wouldn't take points away from Slytherins and started being a complete dickhead, I've been waiting for an occasion like this."

"You don't like him because he's taken points from you?" 

"I still want to win the House Cup, Harry." Aviana said, her attention turning back to the others, just as Mrs Weasley began to guide her husband down into a chair.

"Yes, great news, isn't it?" Mrs Weasley nodded. "Healer Smethwyck worked his magic in the end, found an antidote to whatever that snake's got in its fangs, and Arthur's learned his lesson about dabbling in Muggle medicine, haven't you, dear?" she added, rather menacingly.

"Yes, Molly, dear." Mr Weasley replied dutifully, having the correct idea to act a little more meekly before his wife. Satisfied with his response, Molly patted his shoulder and began around to the old fridge in the corner, starting dinner.

It was destined to be a cheerful one with Mr Weasley's return that evening, the last before they returned to Hogwarts after the holidays and there were many attempts for that. But Sirius was sitting at the head of the table sullenly when he was not forcing himself to laugh at Fred and George's jokes, Aviana sat beside Harry and separated from him by Mundungus and Mad-Eye, both of whom had dropped in to offer Mr Weasley their congratulations.

Despite Aviana's fun found in seeing Snape wither in front of them, she too had returned to quite a particularly moody expression, nose wrinkled and listening carefully to anything Mad-Eye said, regardless of whether or not it was to do with the Order or not. She kept glancing nervously over to him - his reaction to finding out she had asked to join the Order playing on her mind. 

Her somewhat dislike of Dumbledore had pushed her to reveal that it was she who had suggested that Harry should learn Legilimency, and was inadvertently responsible for the entirety of that meeting. She had not predicted that it would end up being Snape teaching him, and Harry would have to spend extra hours on end with the hated Potions teach. Not to mention Sirius and the gloomy, often somewhat sad, mood he had fallen into. The guilt, the feeling of complete cowardice, the taunting of Snape about the Potters at a time when he could have done something but was now unable to do anything at all.

"C'mon." Harry said, as the dinner came to an end, and Mrs Weasley began magicking away the desert plates. Aviana looked up at him. "Come on." He repeated, pushing a smile onto his features.

"What?" Aviana asked, following him out of the kitchen, with one final glance back at Sirius. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She continued, eyes narrowed.

"Stop trying to read my mind." Harry shook his head and she rolled her eyes. They made their way up the stairs and eventually got to Aviana's room, the door left slightly ajar. "It's not your fault it happened." He said, collapsing down on her bed as though it was his own, far too comfortable in the space.

Aviana stood over him, her face caught in a glare. "I didn't think it was my fault." She wagered, folding her arms. "What are you doing?" She questioned, sitting down beside him. He gave her a look. "I didn't think it was my fault." She said.

"Okay, you don't." Harry felt odd already, like he was once more on the train back to Hogwarts and leaving behind Grimmauld Place once more. "But I just thought I'd tell you anyway." 

Aviana looked at him strangely, because she couldn't comprehend just what was going on, even when he sat up and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. "I didn't think it would be Snape that taught you." She murmured, head resting just by his shoulder.

"I know you didn't." Harry nodded, the feeling of impending doom destined to stay in his chest.