The Truth

The day had come to an end for Keith. His classes were finished and so was his homework. His fingers fidgeted as they bristled along the pages of his book before he finally closed it. The walk to his motorcycle was quite while the ride home was deafening from his engine. "God, I end to get the checked." He thought as he made his way to the front door. 

"Up here!" Shrio exclaimed, waving down to his little brother. 

Keith cracked a smile before heading up to the rooftop. 

"Keith," Shiro began, settling down next to his younger brother on the rooftop, his gaze fixed on the city skyline. The city lights danced in his eyes, reflecting the myriad of emotions swirling within him. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for the conversation he was about to initiate.

"Keith," he repeated, drawing the younger man's attention towards him, "I noticed Lance knew about us." His voice was calm and steady, a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing within him. He watched Keith closely, observing his reactions.

Keith stiffened at the mention of Lance. He turned his gaze away, choosing to look at the city beneath them. His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, anxieties bubbling up to the surface.

"Yes," he finally admitted, his voice holding a hint of uncertainty, "I told him."

Shiro nodded, his mind processing the information. He felt a strange mix of relief and apprehension. Relief because Keith had confided in someone, apprehension because that someone was Lance. He decided to probe further.

"Why?" he asked, his curiosity piqued. His gaze remained fixed on Keith, his eyes searching for answers.

Keith sighed, running a hand through his hair. He looked at Shiro, his eyes reflecting his inner turmoil. He took a moment before replying, "I...I trust him, Shiro."

Shiro studied his brother, noting the sincerity in his voice. A wave of understanding washed over him. He realized that Keith had not just found a study buddy in Lance, but a friend he could confide in, a friend he could trust. The thought brought a soft smile to Shiro's face.

"That's good, Keith," he said, his voice gentle, "Trust is important."

Keith nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. He felt a sense of relief wash over him. He knew Shiro would be understanding and it meant the world to him, however it actually happening made him no longer anxious. He always made a fuss when it came to revealing he was related to Shiro, however it seemed to change with Lance. 

The brothers sat in silence, the soft hum of the city beneath them the only sound in the peaceful night. The conversation had been heavy, but it was necessary. It had opened a new chapter in their relationship, one where secrets were shared and trust was deepened.

As Shiro got up to leave, he placed a comforting hand on Keith's shoulder, "Remember, Keith, no matter what happens, I'm here for you." With that, he disappeared into the night, leaving Keith on the rooftop, his thoughts a whirlwind of emotions. However, amidst the chaos, a sense of peace prevailed. For he knew, despite the challenges that lay ahead, he was not alone. He had Shiro by his side, and now, he had Lance too.

***

The next day, Lance invited Keith to join him and his friends, Hunk and Katie, at the beach. The sun was shining brightly, the waves lapping gently against the shore. As Keith walked into the cafe, he could hear the laughter of the group that filled the air.

"Keith! meet Hunk and Katie," Lance introduced, gesturing to his friends. Hunk greeted Keith with a warm smile and a hearty handshake. "Nice to meet you, Keith! Lance has told us a lot about you."