Chapter 3: Keefe

A/N: This chapter is a bit short, but I wanted to add some foreshadowing ;), funny Ro and Keefe chaos since she is unfortunately not a huge part of this story, and build up to the next chapter. Enjoy! 

Keefe was having an interesting morning the day of the flight. He'd woken up early with enough time to fix his hair. Hairstyling was an art. Each blonde lock had to be carefully conditioned, then gelled into place to achieve his famous messy look. Perfection can't be rushed, he thought to himself as he gingerly pushed a clump of hair up. He smirked and winked at himself in the mirror. Success. He left the bathroom and rummaged through his drawers. He pulled out three elixirs, one bubbly and bright green, one fizzy and purple and the last one brown with golden flecks. He handled the last one especially carefully as he placed them in his personal bag in the less noticeable crevices. While the green and purple vials were prank elixirs for Bangs Boi when he was moodier than usual, the brown one was much more dangerous. It was a strange concoction of deep blue sorpordine and a highly reactive ink black substance which was fatal if inhaled for more than 38 seconds, yet the brown and gold elixir was beautiful. And completely dormant. No bubbling, no fizzing, nothing. He found it strange, but never thought about it too much. However, now that he held it in his palm, he felt a strange sense of deja vu- Keefe suddenly whipped around, grabbing his throwing star.

"Chill, Funkyhair," a familiar rough, feminine voice said, and Keefe dropped his throwing star. "It's Lord Hunkyhair, remember? You lost the bet."

Ro ignored him.

"Yo, what's with the whole magic potions kit?" She questioned, crossing her muscular arms across her armor clad chest and cocking an eyebrow at Keefe.

"Juuuuuust making sure Shady McSilverbangs doesn't try messing with The Hair again. Or else those emo silver bangs which he thinks is the reason girls stare at him- spoiler alert: it's because he looks like a vampire- are going bye-bye. Along with a good portion of his eyebrows."

Ro leaned closer, hands on her hips. "Listen, I know that's not the only reason you're bringing elixirs with you, and I hate to burst your bubble but," She switched to a baby voice. "Wittle Lodestaw still can't wie to his bodygawd, even aftah seventween yeaws,".

Keefe rolled his eyes, muttering insufferable under his breath. Ro glared at him and the slightest bit of panic flashed through Keefe. She smirked. She knew very well that while Keefe tried to act cool and indifferent on the outside, he was anything but on the inside. And she loved taking advantage of that.

"Whatever, Ro. Go flirt with Bo or something! I'm sure he'd love to see his-"

Ro turned as red as her choppy, dyed pigtails. "YOU LITTLE PUNK, COME HERE-"

Keefe let out a screech as Ro chased him around his room, the seventeen year old ducking and each throwing small objects at each other.

"Too late," Keefe taunted. "Too slow!" He stuck out his tongue. "And that was just patheti- NOOO!!!"

Keefe looked at Ro in horror as she held a small pocket knife to Mrs. Stinkbottom, his favorite stuffed gulon. He narrowed his eyes.

"You wouldn't dare."

Ro batted her eyelashes. "How would you know?" She said as she pulled her pocket knife closer to the stuffed animal's neck.

"If you do anything-"

"Uh uh uh," She clucked. "I told you last time, the next time I hear something from the Ballad of Bo and Ro or anything about my arranged marriage, you'd be in a shit ton of trouble. I meant it."

Ro dramatically sliced off the gulon's head as Keefe fumed, preparing to tackle her to steal his friend back.

"FU-"

Gisela strode into the room, then furrowed her brows at the scene.

"Lodestar, Romhilda, what the hell is going on here?"

Ro stayed quiet as Keefe scrambled for an explanation. "Uh, I- well-"

"Save it, we don't have time for this. Fetch your personal bag, you're leaving at this moment. Agent Shade, Agent Mist and Sir Alvar are waiting outside, today you have two flights."

With a last glare at Ro that hopefully said I will get my revenge, Keefe rushed out of his room, preparing himself for the confrontation with the Black Swan. After all, he wasn't just a legacy hire. He was Agent Lodestar.