275 | Type of Man

THEY CAN FINALLY LEAVE. After everything that happened, the students of St. George Academy can finally leave and end their suffering. They never knew that this was even an option, but now it was. With how things were going you'd expect that the students would start running out of the atrium in excitement, but why was no one moving at all?

     "Sinclaire is right," President Justice suddenly says, taking a step forward so that the white uniforms can now look in his direction this time. "We are giving you this one chance. Once the bell rings for the second time, the gates will be open. You will be able to leave by then."

     The students started talking among each other, and then they started waiting for someone to stand and leave first.

     This was the Saints' final plea. They wanted change, and if the students aren't happy about that, then they're welcome to leave. But while they were planning this out, they only had two outcomes in mind. One, the students will gladly make their way to the exit and never look back. And two...

     No one would dare do it because of shame.

     No one would dare do it, which will force them to follow and agree to whatever will happen to the school since they "chose" to stay instead. Like what Étienne said, if you want a stubborn person to follow you, make them think like it was their idea in the first place.

     "Well, anyone?" Justice asks again, but as expected, not a single student stands from their seats to leave. For them, leaving is like giving up, and they'd rather stay in this hell than be known as someone who ran away like a coward.

     "Looks like no one wants to—" Before Justice can even finish his sentence, the doors to the atrium suddenly open, revealing Reverend Father Lucas Ivory with two high priests following behind him. Others were surprised to see him, but for the Saints, his appearance was expected and highly needed.

     "He's finally here," Stefan whispers under his breath before looking at Max and nodding his head towards him, giving him a signal only the two of them understand.

     "What is this absurdity?!" Father Lucas shouted, anger and annoyance present in his voice. "How dare you all pull such a stunt on this holy ground!"

     Everyone couldn't say a thing as they watched three members of the Ministry make their way to the middle of the atrium where Max, Keigo, Stefan, and the rest of the Saints were waiting. Father Lucas stopped in front of the Saints' president, and without any warning, he raised his hand and slapped Justice Thorndyke on the face, making everyone gasp in complete shock.

     Max and his friends were also surprised, but Justice didn't even react. His cheek started turning red, but he ignored the pain and looked back at their school president, staring straight at him without a single fear in his eyes.

     "You heretics snuck inside the convent, kidnapped one of our tax collectors, stole private records of a previous student, played the said private records on campus for everyone to hear, and now...mutiny?!" Father Lucas shouted while Justice continued to stare at him.

     When it looked like the bishop had more to say, Justice took a step forward and simply asked him, "Where's your proof?"

     "What?"

     "All the allegations you just thrown at us...where's your proof? Where's the evidence that points out that we're the ones who snuck inside the convent, kidnapped one of your tax collectors, stole private records of a previous student, and even played it for everyone to hear?" Justice asks back, which is something that surprised Father Lucas and the rest of the Ministry.