Chapter 9: Marine's Fleet

"My name is Carina. I'm also from East Blue..."

She stared at Ren, who was similar in age to her but was already so powerful.

Hearing that the other party had quit the Straw Hat Crew, Carina was a little surprised and said with a smile: "Thank you so much just now; otherwise, I might have been caught up by those guys... Stop standing, please sit down!"

"By the way, speaking of which, Nami, the navigator of the Straw Hat Pirates, and I are old acquaintances!"

She was full of curiosity about the person who suddenly said he had quit the Straw Hat Pirates.

"Really? Are you still Nami's friend?"

Ren sat down; he was not surprised to hear Carina say this.

He is naturally aware of the intersection between Carina and Nami.

"Of course, I was once her savior, but I haven't seen her for a long time!"

With a playful wink, Carina said with a smile.

She is a companion with Nami, the Cat Burglar. Both of them have been wandering the sea since they were very young.

They survive by stealing the treasures of nobles, wealthy merchants, and pirates. Moreover, they have cooperated more than once.

A few years ago, there was a treasure hunter who had his eye on their treasure.

As a result, Nami was caught directly by the other party. Later, she was threatened by the treasure hunter and asked to hand over the treasure in order to save Nami's life.

However, she took the treasure, abandoned Nami, and ran away alone.

"Maybe Nami still hates me now?" Carina thought to herself.

But in fact, she didn't really abandon Nami and run away.

She knew very well the treasure hunter's ferocious character. If she had really handed over the treasure obediently, neither of them would have survived.

To keep Nami and herself alive.

She decisively took the treasures and ran away, making herself a bait for the treasure hunters.

But at the same time, she didn't really leave Nami alone; she hid nearby and watched the situation secretly.

If the treasure hunter doesn't let Nami go, she will find a way to save her.

Of course, there are considerable risks in doing so.

But in desperation, that was the only way.

Otherwise, both of them will be killed by treasure hunters.

"Crash..."

Time keeps passing.

The small sailing boat moved forward slowly.

Carina, who is flexible and intelligent, is surprisingly enthusiastic.

Having honed her communication skills over the years by hanging out on the ocean, she started chatting with Ren easily.

Soon, the two gradually became familiar with each other.

"Tsk, tsk, you guys have really experienced a lot of wonderful adventures..."

Listening to Ren introduces the adventures of the Straw Hat Pirates these days.

Carina's eyes were filled with amazement.

"I didn't expect that there are actually islands 10,000 meters high in the sky. It's incredible..."

She felt a little emotional and couldn't help but feel excited about the Sky Island and City of Gold mentioned by Ren: "Does the legendary City of Gold really exist? I thought it was just a rumor!"