Chapter 17: And So This is Christmas

tw's: smut,,,

After Dean almost died several times in the past few months, both Sam and Cas bench him for the next few weeks, which is more than alright with Dean. While Eileen and Sam go hunting, Dean gets the bunker all to himself, and by extension, the angel.

Cas though, is being a tease, Dean thinks. Every time Dean gets close, sliding up behind him to run his hands along the angel's waist, to press a kiss to the tendon along his neck, Cas comes up with some excuse. Today, it was, "I must check on the bird's nest outside. I can only imagine how cold they are this winter."

Dean thinks that Cas is giving him a piece of his own medicine. After Dean was angry with him for offering to die to fix The Empty, Dean had a hard time looking the angel in the eyes after that. Now, Cas is punishing him for almost dying by being an absolute tease, which Dean doesn't think makes sense after Cas almost fucked him to death in that cabin.

Semantics aside, Dean knows this little theory to be true because Cas doesn't usually tell Dean he's going to shower while they're in the bunker. Last night though, they were researching possible Lucifer locations in the library, Cas stretched his arms overhead, groaning with it. Dean's shirt on his torso had rode up to show slivers of tan skin, and he manspreaded in the chair, looking Dean dead in the eyes with something dark and teasing in his features and said, "I'm going to... shower."

Dean said something smooth at this point such as, "Yeah, cool."

And then Cas kept staring Dean in the face, something heavy in his exhale, tongue darting out to wet his lips. "Would you like to join me?"

Dean choked on nothing, rising so fast his chair scraped loudly against the ground. Maybe Cas wasn't irritated with him anymore. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure."

Cas had gazed at him thoughtfully, a mischievous smirk twitching at the corners of his mouth before nodding and leading the way to the showers. The Men of Letters showers are just groups of stalls, but the water pressure is damn good, and the heat from the shower steams up the whole bathroom with the smell of soap and shampoo.

Cas led the way, stopping just inside the bathroom to strip out of his own clothes. Dean watched on since Cas had taken the reins on this one, and stood only a few feet away watching as Cas gripped the back of his own shirt and hoisted it over his head, musing his hair up even more in the process. He set his shirt on the counter and then got to work on his jeans–Dean's jeans that were too damn tight on his thighs. Cas flicked open the button, slid down the zipper and guided the denim down to show the lack of underwear underneath, and Dean just about fell to his knees then and there.

With Cas perfectly naked, he leaned around the shower stall and turned on the spray, only to turn back with an expectant, raised eyebrow. Dean stared, and Cas's eyebrow only grew more demanding. Strip.

Dean immediately began shucking off his flannel, but Cas's face tilted upwards, eyebrow still bearing down on him. Slower, Cas's face seemed to say.

Dean slowed, taking a full thirty seconds to pull his shirt up and over his head, exposing his midriff, his chest and collarbones, tattoo and faded handprint. Then he hooked his thumbs under the band of his Costco brand sweatpants and pulled him down to his knees, chest lowering in almost a bow to Cas in the process. Maybe that thought was a little loud, because Cas's expression darkened a bit further as Dean bared himself to the angel.

Both naked, Cas seemed to determine that the water had long enough to warm up, and he turned and padded naked into the shower, leaving Dean to follow behind him.

They hadn't done anything at all despite being back at the bunker for over a week, and with Christmas around the corner, Dean was left wondering if he and Cas were good or if they're still rocky. Part of Dean wonders if this is how he and Cas will always be, if they'll keep on pissing each other off, having angry sex, and withholding sex until the other gives in and apologizes.