Chapter 1

Gemma and her mother, Zebra, sat in the hover train. They were heading to Mosea City to pick up supplies. Gemma was excited to be back at the Academy in a month and a half. Zebra smiled at Gemma. The hover train came into the port, slowing down before coming to a complete stop. The seatbelts automatically unlocked and released their passengers. Gemma jumped up from her seat.
       "Calm down, my child," Zebra chuckled.
       "Sorry, Mum, I'm just excited," Gemma replied.
       "I can tell," Zebra smirked.
       The sliding doors opened, letting the passengers out; including Gemma and Zebra.
       They headed to the book store first. The door opened, ringing a little bell. The worker looked up from her book. "Greetings you two, how may I help you?" She asked.
        "We've come to get some books for the academy," Zebra told the worker.
       "Ah, the famous academy everyone talks about," the worker nods. "My family been there for generations; including myself!"
       The worker adjusted her glasses. "Wait, your Mrs. Maiara Hill, the woman who disappeared but saved by your daughter," she said.
"Yes, that's me," Zebra said, fake smiling.
The worker smiles warmly. "Glad you've returned to the academy."
       "So am I," Zebra replied.

       Gemma came up with books she found and placed them on the counter. She smiled at the worker. "Is this all?" The worker asked.
       "Yes it is, ma'am," Zebra answered.
       The worker rang the price. "20 Lunar coins."
       Zebra dug in her purse, pulling the amount out and handing them to the worker. The worker smiled, placing the books into a bag. "Also, I can always deliver them to students dorms," she added. "If you want to?"
       Zebra looks at Gemma. Gemma nodded. Zebra looks back at the worker and accepts. The worker nods and turning to the worker behind, handing the books to her. "We'll deliver these books safely to her dorm, Gemma Hill correct?"
       "Yes, that's me!" Gemma nodded.

       Gemma and Zebra walked out from the book store. They walked to the wand store then to a couple other stores before stopping at the food court. The two of them got some Dumplings and Orange Chicken.
       After enjoying some food in the food court and continuing their walk around the Starry Mall, they went back to the MilkyWay TownHome.

Zebra sighs, walking into their home. "Is something wrong, mother?" Gemma asked, concerned.
"Nothing dear," Zebra answered, smiling weakly. "It's just been a stressful day, that's all. How about you go get yourself into your PJs, alright?"
Gemma nods before heading to her room to change. Zebra smiles, watching her daughter disappear down the hall into her bedroom. A few minutes later, Gemma came back out, smiling at her mother. Zebra smiles back. They both sat down in the living room, watching something on the television.