Chapter 2

Gemma woke from her slumber. It was pouring outside. She rubs her eyes before looking over at the clock. 6:30 a.m.
       Gemma scooted herself off from her bed. Her lunar Letter box flickered a holographic image: 2 unopened letters. She lifts the lid open. One was from her academy, stating how excited to see their students to return back soon and the other from Maviah.
Gemma opened the letter, scanning it. A soft knock on her door. She quickly stuffed the letter back into the box. "Come in!" Gemma says.
Zebra enters. "Morning, dear," she greets.
"Morning, Ma," Gemma replied.
"Up early, huh?" Zebra asked, crossing her arms.

"I always get up at this time," Gemma shrugs. "My body is used to this."
Zebra nods. "Understood," she responded. "Breakfast is ready if you want to come."
       "Thanks, Ma, I'll be down there in a bit," Gemma answered with a warm smile.
       Zebra leaves the room. Gemma looks back at her Lunar Post box before going to the kitchen.

~

       Gemma came back up to her bedroom. A hologram of another Lunar Letter was sent. She goes up to it, seeing the letter was sent from Lazuli, stating to meet her and Mr.Logan at the Eclipse Library. Gemma slightly smiles before placing the letter back into the box. "Hey, Ma?" Gemma yells.
"Yeah?" Zebra replied, appearing in the doorway.
"Can I..." Gemma stutters. "...see one of my friends?"
"Which one?" Zebra asked, crossing her arms.
Gemma gulped. "Lazuli," she answered. "Remember her?"

Zebra sighs. "Yes I know her; I know her mom," Zebra answered. "And yes you can go see her." Gemma smiles. "But you need to come directly home after, alright?" Zebra added.
"Understood, Ma," Gemma nods.

Gem took the trolley to the Eclipse Library. She steps into the library. Moonlight lamps hovered above her, lighting the room around her. A hand touched her shoulder. Gemma jumped to only see Lazuli right behind her. "Sorry to scare you," she said in a hush voice, her Boston accent kinda thick. "We're over here."
Lazuli led Gemma to an empty area of the Eclipse Library where Mr.Logan was hovering over different books. He looked back, seeing Gemma again. He smiles, standing fully up. "It's nice to see you, Gemma," he greets her. "How's your summer going?"
"Great!" Gemma answered.
"Having any fun?" Mr.Logan asked.
"Kinda, but my Ma and I started getting my school supplies ready for this coming year," Gemma answered.
"Ah right, the new school year," Mr.Logan nods.

Gemma gazed move over to the books sitting on top of the table. "What are those about?" Gemma asked curiously.
"Oh those...? Those are some old books about the Academy," he answered, looking back at the books.
       Gemma nods, still looking at the books.