chapter 2

April 2nd

Lauryn's point of view

It's been two weeks since Peter and I escaped from the lab, I hadn't been of much use since we left due to being severely injured before we got away from the place. I was taken to a abandoned house that was hidden behind thick bushes and trees as I laid around slowly healing while I listened to the chirping birds that claimed this place before Peter brought me here, he left me alone to go find someone who could help me but he never returned.

I laid in this place for about a week before I was discovered even though I was almost near death, I was taken away from this place but went unconscious before I could see the face of the person who was carrying me in their arms and towards a brightly lit area. I had woken up to the sound of beeping along with some talking nearby although I couldn't see who it was, I felt a sense of relief as a gentle hand rested on my shoulder and being told that I was in a safe place.

~~~

I had began looking for Peter but to my surprise he wasn't here and although I wanted to go looking for him, I wasn't strong enough to go out on my own. I remained in the hospital bed until my wounds had completely healed, the only doctor on sight was a dark haired female named Rogue. She didn't seem like much but her caring heart told me that she longed for more than what she already had.

Rogue: how are you feeling?

Lauryn: a little sore, could I get out this bed and look around?

Rogue: I don't see why you couldn't, let me get someone to patch up your wounds before you go exploring the place.

I watched as she walked away and seen a male walking over toward me with some gauze and tape along with several bandages to keep the gauze in place.

Lauryn: thank you.

I watched as he smiled at me before walking back out of the door he come through and I slowly got dressed before I went looking around the mansion, I was shown where my room was that night and although I wouldn't admit it I felt at home but I still wondered if Peter was alright wherever he was.