chapter 17

November 23rd

Nathan's dialogue

After returning to the mansion, I noticed the damage that had been done along with two more deaths that occurred with whatever happened here. I was reluctant on finding Lauryn but to my surprise she wasn't here which isn't like her to leave without saying anything.

Nathan: where is she?

Peter: I couldn't protect her from them...

Xavier: Stryker has her but where still remains a mystery I'm afraid.

Nathan: she should have come with us and she would still be here.

Xavier: I will find her Nathan, let's wait for Logan to get back.

Logan: no need to wait, I'm here and Stryker does have her. I tried to save her but it was no use, I come to the conclusion that he has plans for her or else he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of coming here.

Xavier: I will go and track her down, excuse me gentlemen.

Nathan: I still think you're at fault for this happening, we were safe until you returned and now she's gone.

I didn't give him a chance to say anything before I pinned him up against the wall. The rage I felt was uncontrollable and I felt my power unleash, it was like an animal being released from a cage and I was having trouble controlling the anger I was feeling.

Logan: we shouldn't fight our allies, what happened with Lauryn isn't his fault. Let's take a walk kid and Peter go clean yourself up...

I walked into the courtyard as Logan closed the door quickly.

Logan: what's bothering you kid?

Nathan: I should have been here and she wouldn't be missing right now.

Logan: you had no idea this was going to happen Nathan, even if you had been here there could have been a chance that you would be killed with the others.

Nathan: I would have died protecting her...

Logan: don't be foolish kid, she wouldn't want you dead. I know her not being here doesn't help but have faith and trust that she is okay. If I know Stryker, he has more use from her alive.

Xavier: and she is alive, I found her. She's being held in an underground facility not far from here. Logan, I want you to take Peter and Nathan with you. I will stay here and look after the others.