Chapter 1 - Sword in the stone

Within an unnamed big city, a retriever dog named Whopper, wearing a black jacket, red collar with a silver tag walked with his niece and his nephew on the sidewalk. The pups are curious to ask where they're going? Whopper hasn't said where they're going, just that he mentioned it's a surprise. His niece had asked if he liked the surprises when he was a pup? Whopper simply replied that all puppies love surprises.

When he finished that sentence, the kid on a skateboard swirled past them. And headed right into the crosswalk. Right when the light signal changed to red palm, which means don't walk. Seeing the danger. Whopper hurries to help the kid. "Hey, watch out!" He grabs his arm and manages to pull him out of harm's way. Resulting in the car crushing the skateboard.

"Whoa that couldn't have been me, thanks." The kid said. "That will be you if you don't start watching the lights, and wait for the light signal before you cross." Whopper said while using his paw and his two fingers to make the walk gesture. "Yay uncle whopper." His niece cheered. The kid waved before going back to listen to some tunes. Whopper waved back, and headed on their way. "Great going uncle Whopper you saved him." His nephew said.

"It's a good thing we still have puppy power. Or else I couldn't have talked to him." Whopper said. "What do you mean still have puppy power, haven't we always had it?" His niece said. "Where did it come from anyways uncle Whopper?" He asked. "I never told ya this one? He chuckles. "Wait till you hear this." Whopper stated, and then he started to narrate the story.

Pound Puppies: The Legend of big paw (remake)

"It all started back in the dark ages, back in the days of the knights. The peaceful scenery immediately changes right when the butterfly lands on the flower. Only for it to be crushed by their hoofs from the horses. "Things were a lot different back then. Knights begin to charge. Good and evil knights fought each other. For the rite to search for the mystical sword Excalibur."

 Whopper says as knights from both sides of the battlefield begin exchanging sword swings, many knights falling off their horses, hiding behind cover while rain of arrows came their way, and clashing weapons arranging from their swords, clubs and axes. "Because whoever could pull the sword out of the stone it was stuck in, would become king of england." Whopper proclaimed while knights fell one by one on the battlefield. All, but one.

 A mysterious and threatening figure in black armor with spikes on his shoulders along with horns on his helmet. Stood standing as he lifted his visor revealing his face. He wielded a large battle axe which he lifted back up and lightly cleaned it. "Unfortunately sir Mc.Nasty the evil black knight won."

***

Transiting to a forest a young blonde lad playing fetch with his beagle named Digalot. "Go on, get the stick." The lad picks up the wooden stick and throws it. The dog follows the distance where the wooden stick was thrown to. Meanwhile the knights are all here, including the black knight himself Mc. Nasty. Leading the search for the mystic sword.

Suddenly he got hit in the helmet with the dog stick. Making the horse startled, and fall off. The knights watch in horror as they realize what is about to happen to the poor fellow that provoked the black knight. "Someone's gonna get it." One knight said in the background.

Mc. Nasty sees what he thought was the one responsible. A dog. Digalot finds his wooden stick, but when he sees the scary black knight. He starts to be afraid. The black knight raises his large battle ax. The dog runs away in panic as the wooden stick is chopped in half. The young boy saw Digalot running from Mc.Nasty. "Oh no, it's the black knight. We need to run, sir Digalot." The boy said. The boy and his dog sir Digalot run for their lives. Being chased by a knight and his horse. The chase continued on through the woods.

They kept running until he fell off the small hill. His dog made sure he is not hurt, thankfully he isn't. They thought they were safe, but they heard his evil laugh. Sensing he is close by, the lad dodged the chop of the ax. The chase came to an end thanks to the forest of thorns. The boy kept looking for any alternative safe route to go around. But it was a dead end. Realizing they are trapped. They turn around to see the black knight has caught up to them.

"Now for the pleasure of...FINISHING YOU." The black knight said threateningly as the lad tried again, desperate for a safe way out of the danger.