Chapter 2 - The rockin 50s

It was the 1950s. Everyone is going on with their business. Jobs, school, and so on. A young boy named Adam, age fourteen was currently walking down a sidewalk.

He had short blonde hair and his attire consists of a red cap on his head, blue jeans with a leather belt, wearing a brown leather jacket over a white T-shirt hiding his necklace he is wearing.

Adam is out on an afternoon stroll. Hearing the sounds of cars and music. As he continues with his daily walk he is suddenly greeted with a flier that smacked his face.

He removed it looking to see where it came from only to notice it was a dog with a hat who was the one that smacked Adam with the flier.

"Oh, sorry." A pug/Chihuahua breed apologized for smacking a piece of paper to his face. "Eh, that's alright." He takes it and examines the paper.

Adam reads that the paper is the advertisement for adoption at the pound. Since he's got nothing else to do. He decided to go check out the pound.

Upon entering the pound, he hears all the singing and the music playing. Adam wonders where the music was coming from and he proceeds to head to where the source is. When he arrived at the entrance, he was surprised to see them singing and dancing. Two people, dogs, and even cats. Everyone was dancing to the beat.

When it was over, A beagle dog in a black and blue leather jacket wearing a red collar which he hung his sunglasses on, noticed Adam's presence at the entrance. "Well it looks like we got someone waiting after our song." The beagle said.

Adam is taken aback by a beagle suddenly speaking to him. He has never encountered something like this before. "Uh, um." Adam tries to find any words to reply to a beagle that spoke to him directly. But it was so sudden he couldn't speak.

The teen in a red jacket greets Adam upon his arrival. "Welcome to the pound, my name is Jeff, and you are?" The teen named Jeff asked Adam. "Uh hi, Adam. I'm Adam." He said his name.

"If you're here for adoption day, care to wait for a few minutes? We have to go do an interview and tour the museum for the 1000th anniversary of the bone of scone." Jeff said. "The bone of scone?" Adam tilted his head in confusion.

"You don't know? It's a sacred bone that holds the puppy power. I'm Cooper." Cooper shakes Adam's hand. "Puppy power?" Adam said, still clueless about everything.

"Would you like to come with us? Some history lessons wouldn't hurt." A girl named Tammy suggested. Adam shrugs his shoulders in response to the idea. "Sure, I'll come along." Adam agreed.

With that, Adam walks alongside Jeff, Tammy, and the other dogs to the museum. Along with a retriever puppy who goes by the name Whopper.

Adam briefly got acquainted with each of the dogs. Nose Marie, Bright Eyes, Howler. The dog Adam met earlier. Beamer, and Reflex. Each with their own perks, and personalities. At the museum, Jeff and Tammy are being interviewed by the crew.

"So you're here at the museum for the bone exhibit? One of the crew asked a question.

"Yeah, in commemoration of the thousand year anniversary of the bone of scone, we'll be holding an adoption bazaar at the pound." Jeff said.

"Yeah, and everybody is invited to come over to adopt a pound puppy or pound purry of their choice." Tammy said while holding the puppy and the kitten in her arms.