Chapter 3

A/N: Probably my last update this week. Happy reading! 😊

***

“Oh ayan, Roxy Marie,” A thin stack of paper appeared in her line of vision as Maricar set them on the bar top beside the slice of dark chocolate cheesecake she was snacking on. “Family pictures and organizational chart. I-review mong maigi at may exam ka mamaya.” 

A month has passed since her first night in Golden Mare. But the disaster that was Roxy’s not-so-meet-cute with their young boss was a memory that Maricar never ceased to bring up. On top of that, she made it her personal mission to ensure that Roxy recognized every important face that may walk through the doors of the exclusive gentlemen’s club.

Celso browsed through the prints and commented, “In fairness, maganda ang lahi. Pero mukhang mataray yung Lola.”

“Hala, mhie! Grabe ka mang-judge,” Roxy said, pointing her fork at the bartender. “Baka naman may RBF lang.”

“RBF?” Both asked at the same time. “Jinx,” Celso immediately added.

Roxy swallowed the forkful of dessert in her mouth before answering. “Oo, RBF. Short for resting bitch face.”

“Who has a resting bitch face?”

All three of them jumped in surprise upon hearing the deep voice of the last person who should be hearing their conversation.

A voice that admittedly sent shivers down her spine.

“Uh… Si Becca po! Naaalala mo, Sir? Oo si Becca nga,” Maricar answered, laughing nervously.

Roxy winced.

Ang obvious mo, Ate Maricar.

“Huh. Didn’t really notice.” Then he moved closer to her barstool and asked, “Celebrating something?”

“Ha?”

He motioned to her plate and asked, “What’s with the cake?” Then more softly he added, “Is it your birthday?”

“Boss, one month anniversary na ni Roxy dito sa Golden Mare,” Celso proudly shared. “Treat namin yan sa kanya ni Maricar.”

“Look at that, Ms. Cristobal. I guess congratulations are in order.” A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. “Or should I just say, Happy Monthsary?” 

She heard Celso choke on his energy drink, but she couldn’t take her eyes off the man in front of her.

“I mean, on behalf of the whole team, of course,” he added, smirking, probably aware of the effect he had on her.

She narrowed her eyes at him, and his smirk grew to a full-on grin.

“Of course,” She replied soberly, poker-face on, as if his grin didn’t rouse the sleeping butterflies in her tummy.

Maricar grabbed the papers scattered on the bar top and said, “Sir, meron pa pong cake sa ref. Gusto niyo?”

He barely acknowledged the woman’s offer. Instead, he just grabbed Roxy’s fork and took a small piece from her plate. 

She stared at him wide-eyed, not sure how to react. Meanwhile, Celso was pretending to faint behind their boss.

“This is good,” Pablo nodded before taking another forkful. 

“This is good. Keep up the good work.”

“Ewan ko sa’yo.”

“Can you bring a slice sa office ko? I just need to make a call,” he requested.