Chapter 13

A/N: Team Buzz, pikit muna ulit. 😅

***

Her little prince was having the time of his life, running to and fro inside the spacious penthouse during the day and watching the heavy downtown traffic at night. He might be a little obsessed with the floor-to-ceiling windows, a feature that he wouldn't find inside their simple bungalow. If only her son could remember the days they spent in another house - his first home, really. One filled with love and overflowing with happy memories.

Oftentimes, Roxy would wonder if the toddler had any recollection of early breakfasts in the balcony and lazy movie marathons in the den.

Sadly, chances are slim. Still, she made a vow. Her child might forget the luxurious days spent in the Aguerro mansion, but she would make sure that her son will remember everything about his father until he's old and gray.

For now, the penthouse was a more than sufficient substitute - at least until the owner comes back from Macau.

What should have been a week-long business trip turned into four days.

Pablo was insanely busy meeting with potential investors, making appearances in numerous events, and closing out hard-won deals. But he always made time for Roxy and Aiden.

The young club owner spent hours reviewing business proposals while listening to mother and son repeatedly go over the alphabet and count 1 to 10. He enjoyed hearing the toddler babble about things he barely understood, and he even looked up bedtime stories online to read to the two-year old boy at night.

Pablo also loved spending time with Roxy after hours, relaxing in bed and rehashing their day. Without fail, what usually started as innocent phone conversations always turned into something more risqué. He joked that it was the adult version of him tucking her in, and that he would use whatever means necessary for her to sleep better at night.

Roxy squealed like a lovesick teenager when she opened the door at 2 AM on a Saturday and saw Pablo standing in front of her. She barely contained the pleasure running through her veins and launched herself in his arms, not caring that he had to drop his expensive luggage on the floor to keep her in his embrace.

"Should I be mad that you're opening doors wearing only this?" He tugged at the hem of his old gray college shirt, which she stole from his closet after taking a shower.

Roxy wound her legs around his hips and whispered playfully, "Alam ko namang darating ka. Hindi naman na surprise."

He raised an eyebrow in response, so she continued explaining. "Tumawag si Ruben kanina. Naiwan raw sa kanya yung susi mo and yung duplicates na ni-request mo." She pinched his cheek lightly and added, "Hindi ka na rin niya ma-contact."

"My phone died," he told her, pushing the door close. Then he nuzzled her neck, his day-old stubble tickling her sensitive skin. "It was taking you forever to come earlier. Kaya ayan, na-low batt ako."

She drew back and lifted her chin in indignation, "Kung alam ko na uuwi ka, 'di sana naghintay na lang ako."

He chuckled. "Where's the fun in that? Can't you just say 'thank you' for tonight's freebie, Ms. Cristobal?"

She smiled sweetly and said, "Thank you, Mr. Caballero," before brushing her soft lips against his. Wondering why his trip was cut short, she asked, "Akala ko isang linggo ka sa Macau?"

He carried her through the hallway and straight to his huge bedroom, where she had been sleeping during her and Aiden's entire stay. "What can I say? My two favorite people are waiting for me at home." He carefully laid her down on his bed, his strong arms holding his weight above her. "That's more than enough incentive for me to wrap things up early."