Chapter 7

A/N: Gusto ko lang naman maging masaya. 🥲

***

She never felt that way before.

All his frustration, all the wanting, the words left unspoken - he poured into that kiss, one that breathed life into her battered soul.

And it scared her. Because if the feeling was so foreign, then where does that leave everything she and Archie had before?

So she pushed him back, tears brimming in her eyes, guilt eating her from the inside.

He reluctantly dropped his hands and let her go. “What’s wrong?”

It was just a kiss. Not even her first - not by a long shot. It was the simple act of someone else’s lips pressed on hers. Yet it shook her to the very core.

“Roxy, anong problema?”

She stared into his eyes, begging for understanding.

Then before Pablo could stop himself, he cupped her cheeks and said softly, “Hey. Tell me, sweetheart.” He gently brushed his thumb against her lips. “Tell me, and I will fix it.”

But how? How was she going to put into words something that she never thought possible?

“Did I hurt you?” She recognized the fear and uncertainty in his eyes. “Fuck,” he whispered. “The kiss - didn’t you want me to?”

She couldn’t put everything into perspective. So many things were still up in the air. But Roxy knew one thing. 

She placed both of her hands on his shoulders, stood on the tips of her toes and kissed him with all she had.

Caught by surprise, it took him about two seconds to reciprocate, and then all bets were off. 

Pablo groaned against her lips, coaxing hers open, as he tilted his head to get a better angle, greedy for more. His tongue wrestled hers to submission as he drew her body closer, hands frantic and not stopping in one place, craving to touch all of her. 

His kiss sent pleasure coursing down her spine, while his hands left a trail of warmth on her skin. He savored every tiny gasp and devoured every sultry moan that came out of her lips. 

He seemed like he could go all night, and she would let him. Locked in his embrace, she wouldn’t give a damn if the entire place came crashing down.

“Fuck,” he whispered against her lips. “That was -”

Not having quite enough, she drew him closer and captured his mouth with her lips. Talking would just be a waste of time. If that moment was all she would allow herself to have, then she’d rather spend it with their mouths fused together and hands all over each other. 

Because Roxy knew, outside the bubble of their own making, she may no longer have the chance nor the courage to give in to the simmering attraction between her and her boss. Life was already complicated without adding Pablo Caballero to the mix.

She reached for the lapel of his jacket and gripped it between her fingers as she walked backward, making sure that he was following her every step. Their minds might have been in sync because the moment her lower back touched the edge of his desk, he put his hands on her waist, lifted her with minimal effort and sat her on the hard oak surface.

Standing between her legs, he drew back momentarily, staring at her and breathing her in. But she kept her hands busy, taking his jacket off and dropping it to the floor. She was about to start unbuttoning his pants when he took her hand and brought it to his lips, pressing a kiss on her knuckles.