✨Prologue✨

(Waiting Room By Phoebe Bridgers)

Everything in her life all led up to the moments of this time. Her body shook in the cold weather, her hair was soaked from the rain as tears ran down her face.

"Mother, please." She rasped out, pulling at her mothers dress as she looked up at her.

The tears filled her mothers eyes as she stared down at the little girl. The rain poured down on both of them as the light within the little girls heart slowly burnt out.

"Mother-" The six year old girl was way too smart for her own good.

"I know, Moon, I know." She bent down, her dress now hitting the muddy ground, but the woman did not bat an eye.

"It's not safe." She brushed her daughter's hair back, pushing it behind her ears.

The little girl did not understand what was happening. She did not understand why it was not safe for them. She did not want to leave her mother, she wanted to protect her.

"I can help! I promise I can help!" The little girl promised, holding onto her mothers shoulders.

The woman took a deep breath, unclipping the star necklace from around her neck, and clipping it to the younger girls.

"I'll always find you, Moon." Her green eyes looked upon her daughter, heartbreak swelling in her body.

"Please don't leave me here! I can help! I promise!" She panicked, seeing her mother stand up.

Her arms wrapped around her daughter, hugging her before pulling away and wiping her hand over her forehead and knocking on the door behind her.

"Who are you?" The little girl said, looking up at her mother.

The mother let out a deep breath, knowing that her memory was now wiped, and she was safer that way. Or that's what she kept telling herself.

"Just a stranger." The woman bit her tongue, trying to hold back the tears in her eyes.

"Where am I? What happened?" The creek of the house caused the mother to turn around quickly, walking hurriedly off into the distance.

The tears streamed down the woman's face as she walked away from her daughter. The only person in the world that made her life worth it, and she had to give it all away. Being important in this world came with costs, and having to give her daughter up for her safety was not something she ever wanted to do.

"Miss!" She heard the male voice yell after her.

The woman walked quicker, to the point she started running through the woods before finally reaching the coast line. She let out a deep breath as the staircase appeared, she looked back one more time, wishing that they had chased after her.

But she knew it was for the better.

"Who might you be?" The man picked up the little girl, watching the woman disappear into the forest.

The girl shook, not speaking as she wiped the tears from her face. She did not understand why she was crying, she did not understand why she was even here. She looked around, seeing a small blonde haired boy peak around the corner from inside the house.

The older male walked inside of the house, setting the girl down on the floor. She stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, waiting for something. The boy peaked around the corner more, staring at the girl as the older male ran through the house.

"Who are you." He demanded, holding a sword in his hand.

"Tommy! Put that down!" The older man yelled, grabbing the sword from the youngers hands.
The girl fiddled with the necklace on her neck, feeling unexplainable sadness and emotions creep up on her.

"Dadza! She's weird! She-"

"That's enough, Tom." He said sternly, leaning down in front of the girl and wrapping her in a blanket.

"I'm Phil, and that's Tommy. The pink haired man is Techno, but he is sleeping." The girl looked at him with a questioning gaze, not understanding what was happening.

She tried thinking back to how she got here, but her memory was full of holes. She could not remember anything, and she had no idea why. She was confused.

"I'm Selina."