✨Chapter Two✨

(Sweet By Cigarettes After Sex)

Tommy's Pov

I felt a hand dip down and grab mine from the top of my bed. I turned over, looking up at Selina who was laying in my bed as I laid on the floor. Her hand intertwined with mine, a sense of security washed over me.

"I'm sorry I was rude to you earlier." She whispered, Tubbo's snoring could be heard from the other side of the room.

"It's quite alright. I know you're overwhelmed and you need to figure everything out." I watched as her smile softly formed onto her face.

Her brown eyes looked down at me, almost like they were lighting up the room. I never liked brown eyes but hers are so captivating. I find myself getting lost in them all the time.

"It's not alright though. I should let you in instead of pushing you away. You don't deserve that." She mumbled, curling up in the bed, not letting go of my hand.

Ever since Selina arrived six years ago, she was never able to sleep in a room alone. She is scared of the dark, and she is scared of being alone. She has fears that I learned to adjust to.

Her bed used to be close to mine, but since tubbo has been using it we moved it. She jumped at the chance to still be near me when Tubbo came. She could not handle it, and part of me loved that she felt safe with me.

"You will never be able to push me away." A light smile formed on her face, her eyes closed still.

"Get some sleep, Selina. We have a long day tomorrow." The way her nose scrunched up and her eyes fluttered, I knew that she was asleep.

As uncomfortable as it was for me to lay like this, I would do it until my body could not anymore. I would do anything to make her happy. She didn't have much, she needed someone to be able to rely on.

That's the only reason.

Right?

***

"Wake up!" Phil yelled from downstairs causing me to jump awake.

I looked around the room, seeing that I was the only one still asleep. I got dressed for the day before walking downstairs and seeing Phil in the kitchen.

"Where is Techno?" I asked, eating the food that was on the table.

"Traveling." Phil kept it short when he spoke about Techno. It was like they had a secret language that they did not want any of us children to know.

I hummed in response, looking out of the window of our house and seeing Tubbo outside running around trying to catch bees with flowers. I noticed Selina sitting on the ground, sharpening her sword.

I stared at her, feeling so captivated by her, and she did not even notice. I looked at Phil and he let out a deep breath.

"Watch out for them today, Tom. You're the oldest, I expect you to take care of them, and if you need help you come find me immediately." Phil pinched the bridge of his nose, looking around the room and I knew he needed to go.

"We will be fine." I responded, looking out at the two who were sitting with each other with smiles on their faces.

"Please, Tommy."

"Of course, Phil." I said before opening the door and stepping outside.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Tubbo shouted as Selina turned around to face me.
I felt my breath bitch as I watched her smile. It was just because of my nerves for being in charge today. Tubbo stood up quickly, running to my side and talking. I held my hand up, helping Selina up.

"I'm so ready for the adventure! Is everyone excited! Do you think we can get a lot of stuff from in town?" Tubbo rambled, as Selina held onto my arm as we made our way towards the town.

"We cannot go overboard." Selina said, before Tubbo nodded, running off into the crowd.

"Tubbo! Get back here!" Selina yelled, letting go of my arm to go follow him.

"Hey! He can run off but you can't." I said, pulling her back to me. She chuckled, as we slowly followed after Tubbo.

Tubbo never had the freedom of going out or doing anything. When he showed up to our house he did not even know what half of the things in the house were. He did not even know what a couch was.

"Selina!" I felt my body tense at the voice, and I hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Dexter! Hey! How are you?" Selina spoke happily, dropping my arm and facing him.

I stood up straighter, wanting to reach out and grab her but decided against it. I bit the inside of my cheek as I listened to him speak. His annoying voice, his annoying looks, and what was even more annoying is how much he could make her laugh.

"Well, I would love to stay and chat but we have to go find Tubbo." I clenched my teeth, grabbing Selina's arm gently.

"Why don't you come with us!" Selina said, looking up at me with a smile on her face.

"I would love to." Dexter said before grabbing her arm and pulling her away from me.

I cringed, not letting the look of disgust pass on my facial expressions. The look on his face made me want to punch him, it made me want to make him cry and beg for my mercy. I was never one for violence, really, but he made me want to be violent. He made me want to make him pay for even just looking in her direction.

"So what have you been up to? How's knight school?" Selina asked, as they walked side by side together down the dirt path.

I walked behind them, rolling my eyes every time he made her laugh. Every time she smiled, every time he spoke to her it made me want to vomit. I saw Tubbo in the distance, causing me to brush past Selina and Dexter quickly and walking towards him.

"Tom! Try this!" He said, shoving a piece of pumpkin pie in my face.

I ate it without any protest before looking behind me and seeing Selina sat at a picnic table. I felt my heart pick up speed, and I felt angry. I was always protective over Selina, but I was never this protective over anyone else.

"Let's go, Tubbo." I said, pulling his arm and walking off into the town away from Dexter and Selina.