✨Chapter Three✨

(Apocalypse By Cigarettes After Sex)

Selina's Pov

The cool morning air hit my back as I stood on the balcony watching the sun rise. I hadn't been able to sleep, and I hadn't been able to even think straight.

I fiddled with the necklace around my neck, it was bringing me some sort of comfort in my mess of emotions. It always did.

"Selina, someone is at the door for you." Phil said, peeking his head outside to where I was sitting.

I looked up at him before standing up and straightening my dress out. The flowy white tool, and the tight long sleeve top clung to my body. I followed him through the house quietly, looking into the room where both boys slept.

I walked to the door, pulling it open and stepping outside. The breeze hit my skin, causing my hair to blow around. I grabbed a piece of cloth, tying it around my hair.

"Selina." Dexter spun me around to face him with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, a soft smiling playing on my expressions.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to accompany me on an adventure." He held his hand out for me before I looked back inside to see Phil getting ready to leave for the day.

I slowly reached my hand out, grasping it with his own before we walked off towards town. Everything felt one guard when I was with Dexter. Something about him was deceiving. But he was the only one I had beside Tommy and Tubbo.

"Your birthday is coming up soon, do you have any plans?" He asked, holding onto the handle of his sword that was in his sheath.

"Probably just spend it at home." I looked down where I was walking, focusing on the way my boots hit the ground.

"What about your actual parents?" He asked, causing my heart to drop.

I pinched my eyes closed, like the sentence actually hurt me. And it did. It did feel like it actually hurt. My heart burned with anticipation of what I was going to say, but I knew in reality that there was only one answer.

"I do not know my actual parents." I cringed, my hand going up to the necklace for comfort.
"That's weird." He chuckled, causing my whole entire world to spin.

There was nothing I wanted more than to meet my real parents. They had so many questions that were unanswered and only my parents could answer them all. I let out a deep breath, and felt the tears prick my eyes. I wanted answers. I wanted to know where I came from. I wanted to know who I am.

What magic I had in me. If I even had magic in me. I could just be a completely normal girl and that's why my parents did not want me.

I always wondered why I was given up.

Was I not good enough?

Was I not strong enough?

I do not remember anything about where I came from, but I feel as though if I did, some of my answers would not be left unknown.

"So is Tommy like an older protective brother?" Dexter asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. My face coiled in disgust as I looked up at him.

"No. We are friends. Phil took me in, and now they are all my friends. I do not see Tommy as my brother, that's disgusting." I rolled my eyes, cringing at the thought of Tommyinnit being my brother.

"Then why is he so protective of you?" He raised his eyebrow, looking down at me.

"Why can he not just be protective of me? Why does there have to be a motive for his madness?" I folded my arms, looking at him with a questionable gaze.

"He likes you." Dexter spoke pointedly, and I rolled my eyes once again.

"A lot of people like me. I'm a likable person." I pushed him away from me, laughing lightly.

"Whatever you say, Selina. Whatever you say."