✨Chapter One✨

(Breakaway By Kelly Clarkson)

Selina's Pov

I looked around in the empty field, waiting for someone or something to pop out at any moment. My hands were clammy and I could see my reflection in the moonlight. I felt my heart pick up speed before feeling the hit of a sword on my back.

"Come on, Sel, you're supposed to be paying attention." Techno said, cocking his head to the side as he held up his sword.

"I do not think I will ever be good at this, Tech." I dropped the sword, letting it fall to the ground.

"You're still young, you have a lot to grow into." He responded, picking my sword up off of the cold and wet ground before handing it to me.

"Says you, you're eighteen and could bring an army down to their knees." I scoffed, holding the sword up and swinging it at him.

"And you're only twelve, at your age I was nowhere close to how talented I am today." He joked, chuckling as he blocked every single one of my moves that I made. I groaned, wanting to give up, but I knew he would not let me.

"I feel like you are just feeding your own ego." I rolled my eyes with a huff before he chuckled.

"If you want me to feed your ego, you do much better than Tom, when I train him." Techno threw his sword behind him, and grabbed onto my blade when I swung at him.

He held my sword within his bare hand, I could see blood start to trickle down, causing me to wince. He let go of my sword, coming to my side and readjusting my grip. I watched what he did, knowing that he was way too smart and powerful for his own good.

Exactly the way I wanted to be.

I wanted to be powerful, I wanted to be able to be like Techno. He was the person I looked up to the most while growing up. Techno, Phil, Tommy, and Tubbo are all I've known. I know nothing before them, they are my entire life, and I will dedicate my life to protecting them.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" He asked in a bored tone, picking his sword up from the ground and facing me.

"Yes." I responded quickly, knowing nothing that he just said.

I watched as he gracefully held his sword in his bleeding hand, not even caring about the blood that was spilling out slowly. He stared at me, waiting for my movements. I relaxed, becoming light on my feet.

"Always stay light on your feet." Techno instructed, noticing me becoming comfortable and balanced.

He swung the sword first, catching me off guard, I held the sword up, blocking his hit. The sound of metal clanking together, the smell of sweat and blood. The darkness that surrounded us. I swung at him, countering his attack before he bounced back on his feet, completely ducking out of the way. I moved closer to him, swinging again, causing him to stumble a little but capture his balance once more.

I took a deep breath, not letting the confidence drain from my body. I quickly moved further towards him, blocking and countering every move that he had. I was keeping up, I was giving him a fight worth fighting.

Before I knew it I was swinging my sword again and watching Techno's fly out of his hand to the side. I narrowed my eyes at him, looking over at the sword. I have never seen Techno drop his sword before. I saw the soft smile on his face and immediately knew that he did it on purpose.

"Good job, Selina." He said, ruffling my hair with the hand that wasn't covered in blood. I let out a huff, dropping the sword to the ground before feeling the tears prick my eyes.