Chapter One- A young lady

I bathed and changed into today's clothes that were laid out for me by my ladies. I wore a light green- blue gown with simple pearls roun my neck and some basic flats. My ladies did my hair and let it natural.

"Anne!", Thomas Boleyn, my father, yelled

"Anne!", Thomas Boleyn, my father, yelled. I sat in my bedroom, reading my prayer book whilst whispering the words, clutching my rosary close to my chest in my hands. "Coming!", i yelled as i closed my bible and placed it onto the bed side drawer my bed. I lifted up my gown and hurried downstairs to the living space where my father waited for my along with my brother.
"What is your reason in asking for me?", i replied with little emotion. "I have been invited to court", my father said suddenly. I looked up and furrowed my brows, "How come?", i asked confused. "I am to be one of his majesty's lords, your brother will be coming too, and so shall you", he said seriously.
I froze before taking a step backwards, my face full of shock. "Why?", i managed to say. "I do not want to go, i have friends here. I cannot just leave them", i said sadly. "Any lady would be overjoyed by this, you are most ungreatful", My father snapped. I tried to walk away before he grabbed my wrist and held it to his face. I flinched and tried to wriggle out of his grip but he was holding tight, definitely making marks.
"You will come to court, and you shall be a lady in waiting to her majesty the Queen", he started to form a small smirk in the corner of his lip. I knew that look, whatever he had planned was not going to end well. "You shall catch the King's eyes, i have heard of his boredom of the Queen- he will be scouting out for a new wife", he said slyly.
I pulled my wrist away from him and stared at him in disgust before picking up the skirt of my dress and walking back upstairs to my bedroom. I did not want to leave Hever, i grew up here and have made so many memories, plus my father only wants me to go for his benefit. I heard a knock on the door, "Come in" i called. One of my ladies entered, "Anne, your father wants you to have your things ready for tomorrow at noon", she replied looking worried.
"Why leave so soon, why can't i say goodbye to my friends?", i asked sadly. "I am sorry", she replied.

~

The next morning i woke up and got ready. I had to look presentable to be presented to her Majesty as her newest lady and probably meet the King as well.
I changed into the gown laid out for me and had help getting my hair done and applied a small amount of makeup product.

A few days had passed and i still had not been called to meet his Majesty by my father, he had long been busy with "French duties", that of which i was unsure of

A few days had passed and i still had not been called to meet his Majesty by my father, he had long been busy with "French duties", that of which i was unsure of. Mary had become a mistress of Henry's however lately i had not heard her mention him at all- i began to wonder if she still saw him.

My father had called for me to meet him in the courtyard so i went and saw him.
I walked through the pathways and curtsied down low in front of my father and uncle. My uncle reached out his hand and i took it and kissed it. "Anne", He said quietly before nodding and leaving me and my father. My father held my hand as i got up before laughing and smiling at me. He put on a leather glove and reached for the Hawk that was resting on a stand, carrying it on his arm as we walked forwards. "Sweetheart", he said with a chuckle. "Yes papa?", i replied following him.
"You know why you're here?", he questioned. "No papa, In Paris no one explained", i replied shortly. "Good, it's better that way", he replied whilst stroking the chest feathers of the hawk. "What's happend?", i questioned. "His majesty is tiring of his French alliance, it seems he is also tiring of your sister", he said whilst staring at the Hawk. "He no longer invites her to his bed" My father continued with a stern look on his face. I turned my attention from his face to the hawk, it was a deep brown colour with piercing yellow eyes. "Poor Mary", i said after a moments pause. "Poor us", my father replied quickly. "When she was his mistress all our fortunes were made, Now most likely they will fall", he said slyly. I farted my eyes at his face, i had a feeling he was up to something. "Unless...", he began whilst stroking the Hawk's feathers once again. I glared at him before walking forwards. I felt like i could never take control of my future, since moving from Paris i felt even more so controlled. "Even if he had me, who is to say he would keep me?", i questioned whilst walking forwards. My father walked behind me before letting the hawk fly off and walking side by side to me. "It not just Mary, they say that all his liaisons are soon over", i stated. "He blows hot, he blows cold..", i continued before stopping in my tracks. My father stopped beside me and looked at me, "Perhaps you could imagine a way to keep his interest more... prolonged ?", he said with a sly grin. "I dare say you learned things in France?", he smirked whilst raising his eyebrows. I glared at him deeply, i was not like my sister. Somehow i always dissatisfied him. "How to play his passions", he continued with a smirk still. "There's something deep and dangerous in you, Anne", He said whilst caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. "Those eyes of yours are like dark hooks for the soul", he smiled. I looked down before looking away and grinning shyly.