Chapter Three- Coming back to Court

"Have you not heard what's happening, the Queen's new ladies have arrived!", a man of Henry's court said excitedly. Everyone gathered in the halls as the ladies entered. People gasped and stared in awe, "Beautiful!", a man yelled. "The way she carries herself", another yelled pointing at me. I ignored them and continued to walk down the path of the crowd.

"You know, you are my mothers sisters husband, you are really my Uncle", Charles said as he walked next to Henry. "Your Highness, your aunt awaits", Henry said as he held out his hand towards the room. I stood with the other ladies in waiting before walking away. I turned back before going with them to look at Henry once more, he smiled to himself before walking off.
I stood with her majesty and watched as she presented her daughter, Mary to Charles. She showed him the horses outside the window that were presents for him and he thanked her. I smiled softly seeing them.

We went outside and everyone danced where as the royals sat and spoke with one another on a long table. I placed a tray of fruits on the  table in front of the Queen and curtsied down before her, "Madame", i said softly before walking away. Henry stared at me for a few moments as i walked away which caught Catherine's eye. I walked towards my father who was sat down and leant my ear down to his mouth, "Put yourself in his way", he whispered sternly. I nodded and continued carrying my jug to other tables.
"I don't want to hear this again", Henry said pushing his sister away into the crowd after the dance had finished. I walked up to him before he turned around and quickly curtsied down, like my father had said. "Lady Anne", Henry said. "Yes, your majesty", i said softly as i got up. "Forgive me", he said as he turned to the side to allow me to pass. I walked away and he stared at me.

I did not want to do this but my father is leaving me no choice. Henry walked through the halls of the palace, i stood in the centre of the ballroom, my back facing him, my head turned slightly to see him. He came closer with a smirk before i ran through the corridors and behind a pillar. He held the pillar and peered round, i stared at him with a smile before going round the pillar in the other side. I ran down the corridor and into a room, Henry swiftly followed.
I sat in the floor and stared at him, "Anne", he said in awe. He quickly crouched down and grabbed the bottom of my gown, "No, Not like this", i said panting. "How?", he asked, his eyes staring deep into mine. "Seduce me, write letters to me. And poems, i love poems", i said lustfully before getting up and walking around him, his eyes following me as i did. "Ravish me with your words, seduce me", i said quietly before shutting the wooden doors in front of him and leaving.
My father wanted me to grab his attention and i had, now i had to keep it, no matter the cause.

~

"Mr Hayes, do you have those pieces i asked for?", said Henry whilst pouring a bowl full of water over his head and drying it with a towel. "Yes, your majesty", Mr Hayes replied holding a velvet cushion. He laid them down on the table and explained the stones of each of the four jewels. Henry smirked and held them in awe. "Jewels fit for a Queen, Your majesty", Mr Hayes continued.

~
I sent back the jewels to his Majesty and wrote a letter explaining that i could not receive his gifts for they were too precious for someone unworthy of his love. I made my way back to Hever castle, slightly upset however i knew there would be other mistresses out there that would please him more.

~
"Mr Wyatt", Henry said at dinner, walking over to Wyatt sitting on a table eating his food. "I have read your poems, i like them", Henry said. "Your Majesty, i do not know what to say", Wyatt said in shock, getting up and bowing. "We're you in love with Anne Boleyn?", Henry said coming closer all of a sudden. "I..", Wyatt started. "Cardinal Wolsey tells me you were once engaged", Henry whispered into his ear. Wyatt shook his head, "No that's not true", he said with painful eyes. "Did you love her?", Henry asked again. "Lady Anne is so beautiful it is the duty of every man to love her, of course i loved her. Personally i have a wife", Wyatt said quietly. "Enjoy the feast", Henry said before walking away.

~
Back in Hever castle i read aloud the letter Henry had written to me to my brother, George. "I distress you shall not receive the broaches i had made for you, and why are not worthy when i deem you so? For certain it must be plain to you now that i desire to find a place in your heart-", i read before being cut off. George got up, "Wait, give it to me!" he said storming over. I moved my hand so he could not grab the letter. He looked down at me with a look before i smirked and passed it to him, "I wish to meet you, talk to you. I beg you, come back to court soon", George read aloud. I got up from my seat and walked towards him, attempting to take the letter from him. "Come back, give it back brother", i pleaded. "Meanwhile accept this gift and wear it. What gift and where is it?", George asked. I looked at him before moving my hair off my shoulders to reveal a pearl and wood rosary necklace with a cross on it. "Oh holy Jesus", George said with raised eyebrows. I raised my eyebrows and smiled.

~

Everyone got ready to watch the King and other men joust, "When will you bring my niece back to court?",.
"Soon, Now that the King's appetite is whetted", Thomas replied with a grin.
"The King and Mr Anthony Knivert!", the announcer called out. Knivert closed his visor over his eyes and picked up his joust. "Ready?", Henry called out, taking his joust from a servant. A boy waved the flag in the middle to signify the beginning of the round and Henry kicked his horse on. He galloped towards his opponent, his joust aimed at him and Knivert's aimed at Henry. "The King's forgotten his visor", Thomas said wearily. "Hold, Hold!", the crowd shouted holding up their hands to stop the King. They were going to fast, the joust hit Henry's face and knocked him back. He was lifted off his horse, "Your Majesty!", Thomas yelled as he sprang up from his seat and ran towards him. Catherine got up and gasped, walking closer to see what happend.
"Thank God it is not your eyes that are hurt", Thomas exclaimed, examining Henry's face. "Forgive me, your Majesty", Knivert pleaded. "I want to go again", Henry yelled as he got up. "Do not fear Madame, I intend to ride again and prove to everyone here that I'm well and unharmed", Henry said to Catherine. "If you insist but I would much rather you did not", Catherine said softly, holding Henry's arms. "My lady", Henry said holding her face. "Arm yourself!", Henry called out to Knivert, walking back to his horse. Everyone exchanged looks of worry as he mounted his horse.
The flag went down once more and they galloped towards each other, the force of Henry's hit knocked Knivert off his horse and onto the ground, the armour round his neck covered in blood. "Is he breathing?", someone called out. Everyone gasped and stared intensely at the scene.

~
Henry walked through the crowds of people in the hall. Music was playing and he laughed and spoke with his lord's before walking to the ladies in waiting, "Ladies", he said whilst bowing his head. He reached the end of the line of ladies where i was, "I see you are back at court", he said face to face with me. "May i see you privately", he whispered before walking forwards towards the Queen and Mary.
"Sweetheart", he called out to Catherine, holding her hand as they walked to the two seats at the end of the room. He sat down and stared at me speaking to my brother.