Chapter Four- The french mistress

It was the end of the meal and i waited behind a wall for Henry like he had requested earlier. Henry appeared from behind the wall and came closer to me. I turned my head to see if anyone was nearby, my chest breathing heavily. "I've dreamt of this moment a long time", He said quietly, inches away from my face. "Anne", he started, holding my hand that rested against the brick wall. "You must know i desire you will all my heart", he said softly, his fingertips clutching my hand. I stared at him in surprise before he grabbed my neck, "The young man you were dallying with earlier?", he said, his tone now changed. "Who was he?", he said lifting his head slightly. "My brother, George" i managed to let out calmly. Henry sighed in relief and let go of my neck, but moved it to the side of my face and roughly kissed my lips continuously, fighting for dominance. I pulled away having heard laughter down the corridor. "Her Manesty expects me", i said quietly and out of breath, running down the corridor. "Later", Henry called out.

At dinner Henry sat with Catherine at the end of the table whilst music played and people danced and sang songs. I danced with a man but saw Henry stare out the corner of my eye. He continued to stare and Catherine had now noticed. Catherine's smile turned to a face or anger and disapproval.

The next day Henry began writing another love letter to Anne, it read, "Perhaps you don't understand, your image is before my eyes every waking second. I almost believe i would sacrifice my kingdom for an hour in your arms. I beg you, name some place we can meet and when and i can show you truly an affection which is beyond a common affection".
I opened up the letter in my room, laying down my the fireplace to read it. I smiled seeing his writing and thinking about him writing the letter to me.
"Now he is your servant", my father said from across the room. "With some subtle care and the lure of your flesh, he may become something even closer", he continued as he walked forwards and leant down, kissing the top of my head. I held out the letter for him to take and laid out my arms in front of me, resting my head on top.

Henry and his closest members of court rode out on their horses through the fields before reaching a swamp. "We're going to have to go around, we cannot jump this ditch", William said. "You mean you cannot jump this ditch", Henry said as he got off his horse and walked towards the edge. "Flag pole", he ordered as he reached for a big wooden stick. "Your Majesty?", William asked. "Just watch and see what the King of England can do", Henry said smugly as he took a run up to the edge. He ran and planted the stick in the ground ready to jump before it snapp in half making him fall into the water. William laughed out loud and the others smiled silently. Henry began to kick his legs and the others continued to laugh but another man ran into the water, "Your Manesty!", he exclaimed and he got in and lifted Henry up and out of the water onto the ground.

When they got back to the palace, Henry lay in his bed. "Fetch a physician, Quickly!", one of the men ordered. Henry groaned and grabbed his head, smacking it against the headboard behind him in embarrassment and shame.
"Your Majesty?", a physician questioned. "We would like to bleed you, a little", he said wearily. "To drain away the bile that is causing your Majesty so much pain", he continued carefully. "With your permission?", he said again. "Yes", Henry said with no emotion, staring into the air, his mind occupied by nothing but the image of Anne. He was growing obsessed with her, he face, her body, the way she carries herself, even her voice mesmerised him, like poetry to his ears. The physicians tied Henry's arm and laid it in a bowl before beginning to cut his arm and drain the fluids.

"I almost died", Henry said sitting down in front of Wolsey. "Yes your Majesty", Wolsey said quietly. "No not 'Yes your Majesty', I almost died! Don't you understand?", Henry shouted as he got up and slammed his fist down on the table. He sat back down and crossed his legs, "Since that moment i've done a great deal of thinking", he said staring at the table. "What if i had died?", he said suddenly.
"I married my brothers wife and God has punished me", Henry said looking above him. "I want a divorce", Henry said walking towards Cardinal Wolsey. "And you will get one for me", he continued. Wolsey's eyes widened and tried to hide his worry.