Chapter Five- Letters and truths

"I appoint you, Sir Thomas Boleyn, a Lord of Rochford!", Henry said playing his sword either side of Thomas's shoulders.

I sat in my room by the fireplace, thinking of what words to write to the King. I placed a scroll of parchment onto the table and dipped my quill into the pot of ink beside me and started to write.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Dear his Majesty King Henry VII,

I thank you for your kindest gifts that you have sent to me and the passionate looks you give me as i walk by and the stares of lust and need that flash in your blue eyes. I'd like to thank you for your generousity, small though it is. Allow me to remain in all things, your ever loving servant,

Anne

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Henry read the letter aloud to himself and stared at the letter before picking up the velvet cushion that i sent with it. He opened the locket to reveal the inside, a small portrait of me that my father had ordered made .

Back in Hever castle, i walked down the hallway having heard the sound of horses hooves on the gravel outside

Back in Hever castle, i walked down the hallway having heard the sound of horses hooves on the gravel outside. I slowly walked towards the wooden banister above, looking down at the lower floor. "Anne!", Henry shouted from below before seeing me and running up the stairs. He walked hastily down the corridor towards me. I curtsied low down to him before he picked me up from the ground and roughly kissed me. I held the back of his head and deepened the kiss, struggling to breathe before he pulled away to speak, "Anne, if it pleases you to be my true, loyal mistress and friend, to give youself up to me body and soul. I promise i will take you as my only mistress, i won't have a thought or affection for anyone else, If you agree to be my maitresse en titre", he said passionately. "I promise i shall serve only you", he said staring deep into my dark eyes. I stared blankly before replying, "Maitresse en titre, your official mistress?", i questioned. "Yes, and you will have everything you need, you will have everything in my power to give to you i will- all you need do is ask", he said still panting from the kiss. I paused and looked down, thinking carefully. "What is it?", Henry questioned. I thought about how little i knowed him, how we had barely shared time together. This whole relationship had been my father's wishes, all organised by him. I was just the pawn in his route to power. "What have i done to make you treat me like this?", i questioned honestly. Henry's stare turned from passion to anger, "What fault have i done" he said, his tone different to before. "Tell me!", he said shaking me slightly. "Your majesty, I have already given my maidenhead into my husband's hands", i said raising my voice slightly. Henry groaned and turned to walk away. "And whoever he is, only he will have it", i stated firmly. I wanted to be clear to him that i was not one of his other mistresses, not one for pleasure and one off sex visits. "Anne", Henry said annoyed. "Because i know how it goes otherwise!", i said angrily. "My sister is called the great prostitute by everyone", i cried from across the room. I panted heavily having lost much air. "I'm sorry if i have offended you, i did not mean to", Henry said quietly. "I spoke clearly of my true feelings", He said glaring at me before walking away downstairs. "Your majesty-", i tried to stop him knowing how it would go with my father. "Your Majesty", my father said calmly downstairs as Henry stormed out.

My father stared at me glaring as i rested my hands on the banister. He began to storm upstairs. I put my hands on my head and held back my tears, pacing back and forward in my room. I sat down on the edge of my bed, sniffing my nose from my cries. I heard the fast footsteps creaking on the wood before he appeared in front of me. I wield my eyes with the back of my hand and quickly got up and stared helplessly at him. He stared back angrily before walking towards me, "What have you done!", he yelled. "I-I'm sorry, I just didnt-", i started weakly, "I don't care what you have done", he yelled, spitting at he said so. He suddenly slapped me across my face. I gasped in pain as i held the side of my face, backing away from him. He grabbed my collar and held it up to his face. "You better get back on his Majesty's good books or you will cause me all my hard work", he said almost whispering in my ear. He let me go and stormed out of the room and out of the house, i could hear him slamming the door on his way out from downstairs. I sat down on the bed and began to cry. I never wanted any of this, this was all his idea. I was beginning if i even wanted to play along anymore, even though i felt strongly for the King, i was worried he would not truly feel these things he claims he does, that he will tire of me after some time.