Chapter 6

"Happy Fourth of July, everyone," Eric said as they raised the flag and everyone cheered.

"It's the birdy's Independence Day too so keep your fingers crossed, honey," Lenny said picking Becky up. She opened the box as the bird flew out and away from them.

"Yay! She did it, Daddy!" Becky cheered.

"Bye, birdie!"

"She's flying!"

"She's gonna be a veterinarian," Lenny smiled, "Is this girl incredible or what?"

----

Macie sat next to Greg as they rode a horse carriage to the Fourth of July Carnival. Things earlier had gotten a little rough between all the adults when arguments broke out. Thankfully Gloria was able to talk sense into all of them and everyone was getting along.

"Okay it's in position," Greg said as he started to climb up the ladder. He had somehow convinced Andre to sit on a blowup mattress so that he could launch him into the water.

"I don't know man. This thing looks crazy," Andre said.

"It'll be fun! Come on. I spent all morning blowing that thing up," Greg assured.

"You should be fine," Macie shrugged from her position holding the mattress.

"Should be?" Andre asked as he climbed onto the mattress.

"Yeah," Donna nodded.

"Ready?" Greg asked as he helped Macie up the last step. She held on tight to his hand as Greg yelled go and they both jumped. Andre squealed like a girl as his body went flying through the air. Macie winced as his body smacked the water.

"Do you think we killed him?"

"Let's do that again!" Andre yelled emerging from the water.

"Oh no, I'm definitely going next!" Macie smiled. She crawled to the end of the mattress as Andre swam toward them.

"You sure about this?" Greg asked. He didn't want to hurt the girl.

"Yes. That looked SO fun!" Macie smiled.

"Dude you're whipped," Andre said making Greg smack his arm. He counted down as the two boys jumped on the mattress. Macie screamed in excitement as her body flew through the air landing in the water.

----

"You really wanna do this Bailey?" Lenny asked.

"My five against your five," he replied.

"Oh boy look at this," he said as Bailey's team walked up, "I see the boys stayed in shape. Robideaux, good to see ya."

"Lenny."

"If you're looking at me I don't know," Lenny joked, "Look fellas we just want to eat some watermelon and relax if you're alright with that."

"Oh no. It's not alright," Bailey said, "You're not gonna weasel out of this one Feder. Wiley snuck out of intensive care to see you finally get some justice."

"Yo, you better get balling, Feder!" the man yelled. Macie's eyes went wide as she saw the man standing there in an almost full-body cast. His arms were sticking straight up in the air.

"Oh hey, Wiley. Was the field goal good?" Lenny joked.

"Yeah. The first time I ever heard that one," Wiley sassed.

"Oh, okay. Sorry man."

"Hey, want me to grab something off the top shelf?" he asked, "Heard that one a lot too."