Chapter 4

^^^ Her costume

Macie walked into the Feder party even though this was the last place she wanted to be. After her argument with Greg, she just wanted to go home curl up in bed a rewatch all the Harry Potter films. Her mom had somewhat coaxed her out of her funk and convinced her to go to the party. Of course, her mom had tried to talk to her about what happened but that was the last thing Macie wanted to do. She planned to attend the party for a little while, ignore Greg, and sneak home to have a cozy night in.

"Hey, Macie. Your costume looks great," Andre said walking up to the girl.

"Thanks. So does yours," Macie smiled.

"Have you seen Greg?" Andre asked.

"No, and I hope not to," Macie mumbled that last part.

"Uh oh. What happened?" Andre asked.

"Oh, nothing unless Greg basically calling me not pretty enough to go out with Jake Smith something," Macie grouched.

"He said that?" Andre asked stunned. If Greg was trying to work on asking Macie out, calling her ugly was not the way to go.

"Well not word for word but that's basically what he said," Macie explained.

"Are you sure that's what he meant?" Andre asked, "I really don't think Greg would say something like that to you."

"Yeah neither did I but here we are," Macie said.

"Look you should just talk to him," Andre suggested, "Maybe this is all just a misunderstanding."

"My one rule for tonight is not to talk to him," Macie said.

"If there ever one thing you're gonna lost to me about," Andre said, "Let it be this. Break the rule."

----

"I gotta give it to your old man for one thing," Bailey said as he and Greg joined the party, "He always could throw a party."

"This is my dad's party?" Greg asked looking out at the madness that consumed his backyard.

"Check out your girlfriend in the Alex Owens costume," Bailey said. Greg's eyes immediately landed on Macie. They made eye contact for a split second before she rolled her eyes and turned away from him.

Greg stumbled toward the girl accidentally unplugging the extension cord, cutting off the music. Everyone's eyes landed on Charlotte who was singing her heart out not noticing the music had stopped. Macie smiled at how great the girl's voice was. She had no idea her friend could sing so well. "Mac. Please talk to me."

"There's nothing to talk about," Macie said not looking at the boy. She couldn't believe she was starting to think he liked her. Greg didn't even think she was pretty and he'd said so himself.

"Please. I'm sorry. I truly didn't mean what you think I did," Greg said.

"Let's go! Let's get it over with!" Lenny's yelling caught their attention.

"Lenny, what's going on? I'm calling the police!" Roxanne yelled.

"We're already here!"

"Hold my hair woman!" Tommy said throwing his wig at his wife, "You ready for this?"

"Not at all. But I'm gonna do this because I gotta show my son what's right," Lenny said getting ready to fight. Everybody watched as the two walked around each other in a circle.

"Lick his bicep! Bite him!" Higgins yelled.

"Let's get buys Hollywood!" Tommy yelled making the crowd agree. Lenny cocked his fist back as Tommy flinched away. "No don't hit me, please! I'm sorry. Please don't hit me. You would tear me limb from limb. The only reason I picked on you was because I was afraid of you."

"Cavanaugh's crying," the policeman laughed.

"You mean you don't want me to hit you?!" Lenny yelled cocking his fist back again, "Or the elbow. Finger to the eye. All right straighten up. I'm not gonna hit you, but if you ever disrespect me or anybody...I will hunt you down and slap you into a pile of tattoos, bad breath, and back zits. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I understand you."

"Do you understand me?!" Lenny yelled.

"Yes, I understand you!"

"Then walk away before I change my mind."