dousy time loop moment

kas reappears in the theater about 30 minutes after she disappeared. "alright, next we'll be watching a video of daisy and sousa when they were trapped in a time loop." kas says as if it's normal.

"oh my god..." daisy says as she puts her head in her hands. sousa chuckles at her.

"um, i'm sorry, time loop?" shuri asks curiously.

"yes, princess, a time loop. if there are no more questions we'll jump into the video." kas says before the screen lights up.

no one asks anymore questions as the video begins playing.

start of video

a close up on daisy's eyes. beep, lid hisses. thud. daisy inhales sharply.

SOUSA: hey. what are you doing up?

DAISY: uh, well, believe it or not, i am stuck in a time loop. and i'm running out of ways to save us all.

SOUSA: okay. how can i help?

DAISY: there's no time. there's... [chuckles and stammers.] actually... i can take a loop.

daisy goes to the corner of the room and pulls a chair over to sit in front of sousa.

DAISY: so, that wasn't hard for you to swallow? the... the time loop? she looks at sousa for a moment. nothing seems to phase you.

SOUSA: exhales sharply. it all phases me, just maybe not my face.

DAISY: every time i ask for help, you say yes. even if i don't ask, you're waiting here to make sure i rest... or whatever. w- why? be honest.

SOUSA: honest? exhales. i know your type.

DAISY: my what, now?

"yeah, what do you mean by that, daniel?" tony asks, curiously.

"just watch. he doesn't remember this conversation anyway." daisy says with a shake of her head.

SOUSA: i know people like you. some of my favorite people are people like you. focused on the greater good, even at your own expense. you want people to think you like being alone, even though you always end up back with friends.

a couple people have tilted their heads in recognition of themselves being one of the people sousa is describing, even if he'd never met them before.

SOUSA: you hate losing.

DAISY: everyone hates losing.

SOUSA: yeah, but you'll keep running at the problem full-tilt until you either solve it or slam headlong into a brick wall.

DAISY: some of those walls were literal.

SOUSA: i know.

DAISY: but how does that—

SOUSA: because when people like you run into those walls, you should have someone there to pick you back up.

"he's right, daisy. we'd all be that person for you if you would just let us." jemma says as she puts a hand on daisy's shoulder.

daisy rests her hand on jemma's and says, "yeah, i know."

DAISY: and you... you like to... be that someone?

SOUSA: not for everyone. it helps if they're fun to be around and if they say what they mean and if they have that superpower where they can rock things around, which is very impressive.

DAISY: stammering. that's, um... that is awfully specific.

SOUSA: mm-hmm. pause. so what's this problem you're trying to crack?

they jumped and daisy is back in the room with sousa

SOUSA: hey, what are you doing up?

DAISY: uh... i need you to do something for me.

SOUSA: stands up. of course. what do you need?

DAISY: inhales sharply. walks up to sousa and kisses him. that was nice. chuckles lightly.

sousa looking at her with surprise and love.

DAISY: now we need to trap a space robot. door opens.

end of scene

the people in the theater look surprised at the way the scene ended. "alright what did we think?" kas asks.

"daniel?" peggy starts. sousa looks at her almost worriedly. "im happy for you." she says with a smile.

sousa breathes out a sigh of relief, "thanks, peg."