Chapter Three: Broken Wings

It was strange just talking. I wonder if I was talking to myself; as if I'm still outside and imagining things and just talking to myself. I wonder if my Grandma thinks I'm alright. I know it's been past a hour. I also know that my Grandma would come looking for me, but even she doesn't go that far into the forest. I wonder if I'm ever gonna be found. I tried to push those thoughts away not wanting to worry myself further, but it keep coming back. I wanted my Grandma to know I'm alright, I don't want her to lose me also. 

I tried to keep my mind off of it and asked Carmen and the Pixies questions. Now I know there favorite colors, Elf and Queen just answered for Melly, because they knew basically everything about eachother (Queen's favorite color is orange, Carmen's is lavender, Melly's is pink, and Elfs is green.) I also found out there birthday. (Queen was born on June 5th 1942, Carmen's was unaware of hers, Melly's was October 26th 1940, and Elf's was April 1st 1938, each of the sisters were two years apart.) Along with that I found out there favorite foods. (Queen and Melly have the same favorite food was cibus which was pizza to humans, Carmen's favorite food was pullum which was chicken for humans, and also my favorite food. Also Elf's favorite food is potes, which was just candy to humans.)

I went on with the questions finding out more and more about the creatures. They all seemed to enjoy it. I keep thinking up questions, also enjoying it. It was just amazing to hear what they call things, and it was just fascinating to hear there answers. I always enjoyed getting to know people, and learning about them; although I hated it when people tried to get to know me. I don't really know why, I just feel they would use the information I gave them against me somehow.

After a while I ran out of question, and finally asked Carmen a serious question. "What happened to your wings?" I asked. I know Carmen was cursed, but when she's in her true form she also has pixie's wings, but they are ripped. On both of them though, it was a tear right down the middle, but it was jagged. As if someone took there hands and just tore the wings, but stopped halfway.

"A accident happened when I was younger." She replied leaving it at that, as she took a drink of her sporlet. "Don't worry about it." She added in a calm voice, and put the cup to the side table that was right by her sofa. I looked at her concerned, but didn't want to drag the conversation on.

We sat in silence until I thought of another question. "So what creature are you?" I tried to ask in a nice tone. When you ask someone what creature they are it could be taken the wrong way. She might not even be a creature.

"Oh I'm a Warrior." She replied with a smile, she seemed proud of this fact. I noticed her posture was more straighter and she held her head up high, and her voice was filled with pure proudness. I thought to myself; that's not a creature though, isn't that an actual human? I asked myself, but didn't question it out loud. "Warriors watch over the humans, along with the guardians. Each Warrior or Guardian is assigned a human until they die off, and then they get another human. Every human has a Warrior or Guardian." She added.

"Who's your human?" I asked trying to keep a conversation, I don't want to be bored in my own mind.

"You of course." Carmen giggled followed by Elfs laugh. Of course she is, why wouldn't she be? This is my mind so obviously she's my warrior. "Here come with me." Carmen spoke standing up waiting for me. I pushed myself up, and began to follow her. Carmen lead me to a small room with a huge screen across the wall.

"Is that me?" I stuttered out, once I noticed I was there.

"Yes, you see every time something important happens to you good or bad the red button starts flashing and starts making strange sounds." Carmen explained, as she showed me all the things in the room.

"Is your sister a warrior?" I asked in a soft voice, not sure if I should really bring this up, but then again this isn't real so why not?

"Uh no, she's a Guardian. I was originally supposed to be a guardian because it's in my families blood and all, but I didn't like how they handled things so I switched sides. Usually that's really hard to do especially since no one in my family has ever done it, but I was determined to change sides, so my determination actually helped me." Carmen said. You could tell she was a determined person, even without telling you. You could tell how strong she was just by the way she carried herself.